Forbidden Love

Harry opened his eyes to the dark dormitory. He sprang right out of bed, knowing just what was happening today.

A Quidditch match against Slytherin, the sworn enemy of Gryffindor. Harry had no doubt that they would beat them.

In the Slytherin common room, Draco Malfoy was polishing his broom handle, readying himself for the match against Gryffindor, and he was determined to beat Harry.

Harry walked down into the Gryffindor common room with all his Quidditch supplies ready to go, but he knew the match wasn't for another little while. But, he still went down the stairs to wait for his team. In his crossing was Draco Malfoy, the seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team.

"Good luck, Potter." Draco smiled, and kept walking by. Why would Draco wish me luck? Thought Harry. He shook that away and stood waiting for his team.

Shortly after, his whole Quidditch team was standing beside him walking towards the Great Hall for breakfast. They all took a seat at the large Gryffindor table, with all the floating candles above them.

"Eat well everyone. We need good energy to play this match." Wood says, poking his food.

Everyone nods, and starts to eat their food in front of them. Harry takes small bites from his food, thinking about his encounter with Malfoy. Why would Malfoy ever be nice? He was probably being sarcastic. But, he smiled, and it wasn't like a fake smile, it seemed so genuine.

Harry shook all those thoughts away and shoved some bread in his mouth.

After everyone finished, they all paraded out to the field and to the locker room.  They all changed into their red Quidditch robes, and waited for the go-ahead.

"Alright guys. We got this one in the bag. Slytherin, we have beat them plenty of times. Focus and play hard." Wood nodded towards his players, and they all nodded back. Harry half-smiled.

The Gryffindor Quidditch team walked out onto the field. Harry spotted Slytherin walking out too, and he spotted Malfoy, walking closely to the Captain. On the word, they all mounted their brooms, and zoomed up into the air. The quaffle, blugers, and the Golden Snitch flew out from the box, and Harry quickly lost sight of the Snitch as it zoomed away.

Harry flew further up from all the others, keeping his eyes peeled for a flying speck of gold.

"10 points to Gryffindor!" Yelled Lee Jordan, the commentator for the games. Harry hadn't even realized his team had scored, he was so focused on the Snitch.

He could tell that Draco was too, flying at the same height across the field.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan shouts. Harry looks over at a group of the team high-fiving each other. But Harry concentrated again on the Snitch. After all, that was his job.

Across the field, Draco looked around the field, but he was truly focused on Harry. Malfoy never told anyone, but he had a crush on Potter. And all his rude actions were to cover it up. He would be mistreated if any one found out.

Harry spotted out of the corner of his eyes, the Snitch. He leaned forward, his Firebolt zooming toward the gold speck.

But Draco was right on his tail. Malfoy was close behind Harry, who had spotted the Snitch.

Harry turned his head back for a brief moment, and turned it back. He lost the Snitch. He came to a halt, Malfoy nearly colliding with him.

"Sorry to mislead you, Malfoy. " Harry joked, flying up high again. Draco shook his head and fly back to where he was positioned.

"10 points to Slytherin. " Lee Jordan said in a gloomy voice. He was supposed to be equal to all teams, but always seemed to take sides. Harry looked down while Malfoy smiled.

After a few minutes of back and forth flying, Harry saw the Snitch again. He zoomed towards it, not turning his head back. He reached his hand out, clasping his hand around the delicate Snitch.

"HE'S DONE IT AGAIN! POTTER CAUGHT THE SNITCH! WOOOHOOO! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Lee booms. Harry looks towards all the crowd, and holds the Snitch high in the air. Malfoy, who closely tailed him, and behind him, smiling.

Malfoy seemed to nice today, like some sort of switch flicked.

"Good job, Potter. " Malfoy landed his broom, and walked of the field. Harry unmounted his broom, and chased after Draco, who seemed a little upset.

Harry caught up with him and said "What's up?" Harry never really seemed to care about Malfoy, but today seemed so different.

"Nothing." Malfoy turned around, looking at Harry.

"Are you sure?" Harry tilted his head like a dog would.

"No, I'm not sure. But nothing you can do, Potter." Draco turned around and started walking away.

"Wait! Stop! Talk to me and maybe I can help you." Harry yelled out. Malfoy turned around again. Harry ran up to him and held onto the sleeve of his robe. Draco's eyes darted to Harry's hand on him.

"I'm going to make a fool of myself, Potter." Draco said with shame in his voice.

"I doubt it." Harry said. Why did Harry care? He couldn't begin to comprehend.

"Alright fine..." Malfoy looked down at the ground, then up at Harry.

"Go on.." Harry took a step towards Malfoy.

"I-I love y-you." Malfoy mumbled. Harry felt a rush of emotions flow through him, and he couldn't belive that he felt the same way. It was like this emotion was buried deep beneath everything else he felt. He loved no one else, but Draco.

"I love you too." Harry looked at Draco in the eyes.
Draco looked very shocked, and Harry could tell. Draco dropped his broom and tugged Harry's collar towards him, and he locked lips with Potter. Harry dropped his Firebolt, embracing Malfoy. They stood here, snogging, whilst everyone from the Quidditch match walked out, staring confused. But they didn't care. This was love, and it was what they both wanted and needed.