O.W.L's

Perspective {Hermione} ~ A Romione Oneshot, set in 5th year

Harry, Ron and I were on our way to out last class of the day which happened to be potions. We were all trying to focus super hard on staying focused so we could get good grade on our OWLS. Of course, I was the one who was focusing the hardest, staying up the latest, and cramming in the most work just to let my two best friends use my notes.

"Last class guys, come on, we can power through this!" I said, bursting though the doors to potions class.

"Hermione, we're tired, hungry, tired..." Ron groaned, slumping himself into class.

"Yeah, Hermione." Harry dragged behind us.

"Guys, come on!" I pleaded. How did I get stuck with such last friends!

"At least its the last class, guys." Ron said. Harry shrugged and sat down in his chair. Ron and I sat down too.

"It's probably going to be the worst too." Harry said in a whisper, looking towards Snape.

"Oh, just try your best!" I said. Ron and Harry exchanged looks.

"Will do." Ron said, pulling out his Advanced Potions book. Harry and I followed along, pulling out quills and parchment. More students began to file in behind us, lots of Slytherins. Then, Snape stood before us. He gave us the instructions on the board with the flick of his wand.

"Today we will be making a peculiar potions, which ingredients include powdered moonstone, syrup of hellebore.." Snape started, but the gears in my brain were turning.

"That would be the Draught of Peace, sir. It relieves agitation and anxiety." I said, and Harry and Ron smiled.

"Of course she knows." Harry mumbled. Ron nodded with a smile.

"Do not interrupt me, Miss Granger. But that is correct. You can also find the recipe on page 57." Snape sneered, then went back to his desk. "Go on."

I stood straight up, went forward and grabbed all my ingredients and scurried back to my cauldron. Harry and Ron dragged behind me. I added my powedered moonstone until my potion turned green. I began to stir, and then it became a blue color. Ron and Harry has just gotten back. I then added more moonstone until it became purple, then stirred until the potion turned a light pink. I added the syrup of hellebore until it became turquoise.

Ron and Harry began to add their second round of moonstone. Then, my potion had to simmer to a purple color, which allowed Harry and Ron to catch up. I then added my powdered porcupine quills until my potion was red, and stirred to an orange color. Then, I had to add more quills until it turned turquoise once more. And once more my potion was simmering to a purple.

Ron and Harry began to add their second round of quills. I then added powdered unicorn horn until my potion was pink, and began to stir so the color deepened to a red. The potion had to simmer once more to a purple color. Then, I had to add more moonstone until my potion was grey, and then it had to simmer to an orange color. Then, I had to go back to porcupine quills until it was white. Lastly, it had to simmer while I added 7 drops of hellebore.

Harry and Ron finished merely a minute after I did, and I was the first to finish, like normal. They were the second and third. They both were very similar colors to mine.

"How did we do Hermione?" Ron asked nervously. His hair a bit of a mess while Harry's glasses were askew. This was a very tough and long process I have to admit.

"It looks wonderful, Ron." I said, patting him on the back. Harry just stayed silent, gazing at his potion and fixing his glasses.

"Yes." He mumbled under his breath while pumping his fist.

"Harry, yours looks great too." I said. He smiled back at me. I grabbed three viles, and bottled each of our potions. I labeled each with our name, and handed them to Snape. He said nothing while taking them from me. I shuffled back towards my friends, and as Snape dismissed class, we were the first out.

"Finally, I can go sleep." Ron dragged himself into the Gryffinfor common room after mumbling the password "dilligrout".

"You should work on some homework! You are already days behind." I said, sitting down at the table, pulling out all my books and supplies, and laying them out neatly.

"Could you help me?" Ron asked.

"You mean do your essays? No. I'll fact check them when you're done." I said, getting a furious red color.

"Okay, fine." Ron said, but then while my nose was hung low near my paper, he snatched my book from next to me.

"Hey!" I said, laughing a little. Harry has already wandered away by now.

"What, do you need this?" Ron joked. I stood up, and chased him around the room trying to grab my book.

"Give it back!" I said, smiling and chasing him. Then he stopped, and held the book out with one arm, and grabbed me around the waist with the other.

And it was like destiny was beginning to kick in, like this was meant to me. I felt so happy. I put my hand out and tried to grab my book , leaning closer to Ron. He then placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. A rush of happiness and relief swooped over my body. I then turned and faced him, and he dropped my book, and he bent down and placed a kiss on my lips. His lips were soft, and his hands were trebling slightly around my waist. As we pulled away, he smiled. I smiled the smile I think was the biggest ever.

"I love you, Hermione Granger." He said, a smile still on his face, which was quite red.

"I love you too, Ron Weasley." I said, hugging him tightly. I then jerked away and grabbed my book. "Ha! I got it."

"Aww, man." He smiled, and then walked away to the boys dormitories.

Based on fanart above. Credit to artist, not my art.