Saturday Morning Arguments

Perspective {Harry}

It was a cold, January night. Christmas spirt was lost, classes were back, and everyone was back to normal.

I was sitting by the fire completing a Potions essay for Slughorn, which wasn't very hard for me. But I kept on getting distracted by the glistening, golden orange flames in front of me. I always found that fire was very fascinating.

And I also realized the stupid things I thought while looking into the fire.

Sometimes I thought about Malfoy. Which was quite weird. Honestly he's such a prat, and I shouldn't even think about him.

I decided to go to bed, rolling up the parchment as quietly as possible, gathering my Advanced Potions book, quill, and ink, then headed to the dormitory. I put my things away, slide my glasses off my face and placed them on the bedside table. I lay awake on my bed, distracted by the thoughts running through my head. But, I fell alseep with Malfoy on my mind.

-

Perspective {Draco}

I woke up to the sound of yelling in the Slytherin common room. It was Saturday morning, and I didn't have to wake up early yet here I am, awake at 6am.

"HE LOVES HIM!" I heard Pansy yell from the common room. I ignored the yells and dressed into my Slytherins sweater and tie.

"STUPID GIRL HE DOESN'T!" Blaise shouted back at her. I stepped out of the dormitory and saw the people of the common room split in two, some behind Pansy and some behind Blaise.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" I said, stepping into the common room. Pansy and Blaise turned their heads at me immediately, and many Slytherins disappearing out of the room.

"We were just having our Saturday morning argument." Pansy said with a smile.

"Your what?" I said, confused.

"We do this every Saturday, you just sleep through it." Blaise shrugged. "You've been know to be a very deep sleeper."

"Yeah, sometimes we yell in your ears and you still don't wake up." Pansy followed up with.

"Y-you what?" I ask. I'm so confused at this point I don't even care.

"YELL IN YOUR EARS! Maybe your just deaf, Draco." Pansy shrugged and walked out of the common room.

"What were you even arguing about?" I scratched my head.

"You loving Potter. I know it's absurd." Blaise shook his head.

"W-what?" As the thought crossed my mind, a weird sort of happy feeling swept over me.

What was that?

"Yeah, weird." He walked out of the room.

Me? Love Harry? I mean-- Potter. That's just strange.

-

Perspective {Harry}

I walked out of the common room accompanied by Hermione and Ron.

"Blimey, Harry. You look awfully happy today." Ron said.

"Well, I just woke up on the right side of the bed I guess." I lied. I had dreamt about Draco and that made me happy. Why? I have no clue.

"You've had a smile on your face all morning. You were even smiling in your sleep." Ron said. Hermione had this kind of 'what the hell' look on her face.

"I can't remember what I dreamt about." I lied again. We took our seats alone at the Gryffindor table, and began to eat some toast and eggs.

I didn't even realize my eyes creep over to the Slytherin table, creep to the blonde Slytherin boy.