Amortentia

Harry awoke early in the morning after another morbid dream, which he has a lot these days. Mainly about Voldemort, and sometimes about his parents.

He sprang out of bed, and slipped on his clothes, and pulled his robe on overtop. He walked out of the dormitory and into the common room. It was still dark, lit only by the sliver of sun peaking out from the horizon. Harry was very behind on his homework, so he went back into the dormitory quietly and pulled out his books, parchment and a quill with ink. He scrambled out the door again, and set his things down on the table, and began to write his essay for transfiguration. The common room was empty, and the only sound was the quill on paper.

Hours later, other students began to file out of the dormitories and into the common room just as Harry finished his essay. He was glad he finished, because that essay happened to be due today. Hermione and Ron had not yet come out, which was surprising because they were always up early. Harry packed up all his things and rolled up his essay. Just then, Ron and Hermione came out (Hermione before Ron) with all their things ready for class. They both had transfiguration together first, then they split, Harry and Ron go to divination, and Hermione goes to arithmancy. Then they meet up again for a double potions class.

"Hey guys." Said Harry as the two approached him.

"Hello. How long have you been up?" Asked Hermione, her head tilted slightly.

"Hours ago. Crack of dawn." Said Harry. They didn't look surprised, only the first few times it happened.

"Was it another nightmare?" Asked Hermione, a puzzled yet sophisticated look on her face.

"Yeah, just with Voldemort and such. Nothing new." Said Harry, and they shrugged. They were used to Harry saying 'Voldemort' by now.

"Well, we should probably get going to class. Can't be laid for McGonagall's class." Said Ron. They nodded in agreement and headed of to her class.

It was an easy lesson, they were just working on some old things, perfecting their old transfigurations. Also Malfoy and his group making jokes and laughing at everyone when they couldn't complete the transfiguration.

"Bye, Hermione. See you again in the dungeon." Said Ron and Harry ad they parted ways for divination. They walked slowly to that class, because they truly thought Trelawney was a nut. They ascended the ladder and opened the trap door, being one of the last to arrive. They took seats close to the back.

"I wonder what stupid thing she will make us do today, sniff each other's socks?" Joked Ron. Harry laughed a little, and Ron smiled.

"I would expect that, honestly." Said Harry, pulling out his book for divination.

"Alright, class. Today we will be looking at each other's dream diaries and predicting from there." Said Trelawney, that crazy look on her face. She walked back behind her desk and sat down.

"All of mine are made up." Confessed Ron.

"So are mine. I am NOT writing my real dream. Last night I had a dream that Voldemort slayed me." Said Harry with a sarcastic tone.

"That would not look good for your future, Harry." Said Ron, laughing quietly.

The class ended shortly after they had finished looking at each other's made up dreams, and writing down the fake predictions they made. A couple nights, Harry dreamed about buying new socks, while Ron dreamed about eating lots of toast.

Harry and Ron opened the trap door, and descended the ladder, and speed walked to the dungeon, because it was very far away.

"I wonder why Snape will take points from me today." Said Harry, as they entered the dungeon together. They say down on either side of Hermione. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle entered shortly after them, sitting in the middle of the room.