Mistletoe

Draco Malfoy walked the halls of Hogwarts tall and proud. He wore the Slytherin colors with pride. He was so very full of himself for one very reason;

Harry James Potter.

He was the one weakness for the Slytherin boy. A blush always crept up on his face when he was near Potter.

Only Potter could do that to him.

And Draco never saw what was coming. He never imagined Potter feeling the same was about him.

**************************

Draco woke up on the cold, dull morning to the hustle and bustle in the Slytherin common room. He slide out of bed, and dressed into his robes. He did his morning stretch, and stepped out into the common room. Much wasn't going on, a few Slytherin girls and boys by the fire, a few sitting at the table playing a game. It was calm for the Slytherin common room. The room was much warmer than the dormitory, it gave Draco a warm feeling inside. The fire always burned its warmest in the winter, holiday season. It was December, and the green grass was covered in the whitest of snow.

"Morning, Malfoy." Called out a few Slytherins. He just smiled and nodded back to each of them. He just couldn't stop thinking about Potter. They had been enemies for all this time, but he only did it because he just loved him so much.

Nobody knew that he was gay. He kept that to himself because he couldn't risk being humiliated.

Draco took a seat close to the fire, his grey eyes focusing on the bring burning flame in front of him. Beside him sat Crabbe and Goyle,  his two best friends. Not even they knew about his love for that raven-haired boy.

"Malfoy, are you okay? You look a little...sad." Goyle said, looking at Draco.

"When has he not looked sad?" Crabbe commented. Draco couldn't help but sneer at them.

"Sod off." Draco said quietly.

Draco just wanted to spend the holiday with someone special to him. He just felt so alone all the time. His tw best friends weren't the brightest, and he wasn't too friendly with anyone else in Slytherin, except Pansy. He just didn't feel like being near her at the moment.

"Okay. Okay. " Crabbe and Goyle said in unison. They stood up, and trotted away. Draco could have sworn he heard them warn the others not to go near him.

Everyone was filing out of the room in small groups, heading down for breakfast. Draco just wasn't in the mood right now. He just sat by the fire, and stared until the common room was empty. He then slowly got up from the couch, and walked out of the Slytherin common room. His robe dragged behind him as he walked down the stairs. He entered the Great Hall, decorated for the holiday.

Draco could have been at home for the holiday, but he just didn't want to be with his family either. He wanted to be alone...

Or with Har-- Potter.

He took his seat at the far end of the Slytherin table, and the food appeared on his plate. He picked at some eggs and bacon.

Nobody dared to sit near him because they knew how violent he could get when he was in his 'moods' (that's what they called it when Draco woke up on the wrong side of the bed).

Every now and then, he looked over at the Gryffindor table, and saw Potter and his friends laughing, eating and having fun. He always belived himself stupid because of the way he felt about him. He just couldn't control what his emotions did to him, no matter what. He loved him, and he will always love him.

One time Draco looked over, Harry actually looked back at him, and smiled.

Draco was imagining things. He was just so sad, and lonely, that he would belive anything.

Next thing he knew, Pansy was poking him on the shoulder. "Are you okay, Draco? You keep on gazing into the distance?" She looked as though she had taken the biggest risk of her life.

"Fine, Pansy. Fine. " He lied. He wasn't fine.

"Okay, then." She strutted away back to the other end of the table.

Draco couldn't do this anymore. He count torture himself, watching Potter have so much fun with all his Gryffindor friends. He wanted to be with Harry, he just wanted to be wrapped up in his arms forever.

Draco shook that thought away, and stood up. Many of the Slytherin's eyes looked at him as he paced out of the hall. When he reached the doorway, a tap on his shoulder stopped him.

"Potter?" Draco said, his voice trembled.

"Hey, Malfoy." Potter smiles back at him.

"What do you want?" Draco asked, his voice still shaking.

"Oh, nothing. Wait, look Draco!" He said sarcastically, pointing up. Draco looked upwards, and saw a small plant dangling from the ceiling.

Mistletoe.

Sweet, sweet mistletoe.

Why now? Why now, in front of all these people, would Draco have to kiss Harry?

"You know the rules, Malfoy." Potter smirked.

"Yeah, I-I do." Malfoy was so nervous.

But he couldn't wait any longer.

Maybe Christmas miracles do exist.

Draco pressed his lips onto Harry's, and put his hands around his waist. Harry's lips were soft, and tasted like coconut almost. Harry returned the kiss, their lips locking tightly. Draco could feel the Great Hall growing quiet, but he didn't care. This was all Draco could have asked for. Draco could feel Harry's glasses pressing up against his nose.

Draco and Harry stood there, snogging for at least a minute before Draco felt a tap on his shoulder. He pulled back, and saw the innocent, sweet face of Hermione Granger.

"Erm..." She started. "Are you happy now, Harry?" Draco was confused.

"H-appy?" Draco stuttered.

"Oh my gosh he just couldn't stop saying how--" Hermione started.

"Shhhh!" Harry said.

"He took the opportunity when he saw you walking out--"

"Hermione!" Harry shouted.

"He lo--"

"HERMIONE!" Harry yelled again.

"Harry, I love you too. So much, words couldn't even explain it." Draco finally spilled.

He felt as though 3000 pounds was being lifted off his shoulders.

"Yo-you do?" Harry said softly. Hermione had already left the two alone. Finally.

"Yes, Harry. And you love..me?" Draco asked.

"I do." Harry said, a smile forming on his face.

"Sweet relief." Draco mumbled.

"What was that?" Harry asked.

"Nothing. Harry, come with me." Draco said, seizing a Harry's wrist and running up to the common room with him.

*