Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dating

I STARTED GETTING confused after we drove by Noah's house for the third time

"Do you actually know where you're going, or is this your idea of a date?" I asked, leaning my elbow against the center console and propping my chin in my hand.

He shot me a playful scowl. "Funny. You know your worst than my little brother when he was younger? Asking 'are we there yet' every two minutes."

"So you're calling me a child?"

I got a real look for that one. "I'm calling you impatient. And easily distracted," he grinned. "Because I'll have you know, we're here."

I peeked up, looking around quickly to take in our surrounding. It wasn't pitch black out by any means, but the sun had set beyond the horizon, casting soft glowing light into the twilight sky.

Noah climbed out first, giving me a moment to try and figure out where he had taken me. The best I could tell was that we were surrounded by trees, not dense enough to be considered a forest, but crowded enough that I knew we weren't parked in a field somewhere.

When Noah came around to open my door and help me out, I caved. "Where are we?" I asked.

He grinned, reaching out and offering me his hand, which I happily excepted. "Let me show you," he said, gently tugging me along after him as he began to walk backwards towards a dirt path.

"Lead the way," I said with a soft smile.

We'd barely made it past the opening of the trail when he stepped in from of me suddenly, causing me stumble into him. He swiftly caught me. "Sorry, love," he murmured quickly looking over his shoulder at the trail ahead, then back to me, his eyes searching mine. "Right, so I planned this all out, but before I do something, I want to make sure you're comfortable with it."

My lips curved up in a smile. "Noah, I trust you. You've never do anything to make me uncomfortable. But, the fact that you're even considering that something you do might just cross that line means a lot," I said, reaching up to lay my hand against his cheek. "I trust you."