Bonus Chapter: Noah's POV

PROFESSOR  DIBINSKI'S VOICE alone made me want to gouge out my eyes with a silver teaspoon

PROFESSOR  DIBINSKI'S VOICE alone made me want to gouge out my eyes with a silver teaspoon. In fact, when school started this year I had fully intended to drop his anthropology class for something more interesting.

And by drop I certainly meant perpetually skip it.

But that plan had all changed when Declan and I walked into class on a whim on the second day of school, and I noticed a newly familiar face seated in the back corner of the classroom.

Scarlett Amelia Grey.

Sure, I had heard about her before. My family had only moved to the Bridgeport area three years before, but I would have had to be deaf, dumb and blind to not have heard the tale of the daughter of William and Charlotte Grey, who had been taken as a young girl. Especially having dated Amelia Tylers for of  a year, and being mates with Declan and Rachel Morgan for the better part of two.

It had been Amelia who had first told me about Scarlett Grey. We'd spent a lazy, Saturday afternoon hauled up in her bedroom. She was going through old photo albums looking for pictures to hang on her newly-redecorated walls. I had been flipping through one from her childhood— from before her mother had passed away, and I'd come across a photo of four young girls sitting at a small table in a garden. Smiling, I pointed to her. Puffy cheeks, dark red pigtails and one of her front teeth missing from her cheeky grin. She'd sat next to me on the floor then, staring at the photo with a sad look in her eyes.

When I asked her what was wrong, she merely smiled. "That's the last photo I have of the four of us together."

I had barely been in the States for four months, and I could only recognize Amelia, but none of the other girls were familiar to me yet. "Whose that?" I asked, pointing to the raven haired girl on the far left.

"That's Rachel Morgan," she said, before going on to point to the girl beside her. "And that's Aurora Vaughn. "

"What about her?" I asked, pointing to the girl in the middle. She was the smallest, with long silver-blonde hair and wide blue eyes. She had one arm wrapped around Amelia's shoulders, the other holding a cookie in her hand.