The Big Question

The next day I woke up to my phone ringing. I was still half asleep so I pressed decline, but I got a call back about two seconds later. Finally giving in I answered, almost dropping my phone as I reached for it. "Hello" I said in an annoyed voice. "Hey" answered the raspy voice I'd gotten so used to hearing. Instantly I started smiling and all the tiredness was gone.

I talked to Jace for a while until my mom came into my room without warning. "You're going to be late" she said, more like screamed. "Who are you talking to? Get off your phone" she continued ranting. "Okay, okay" I said, clearly annoyed, and hung up. I started getting changed into my best sweatpants and my 'me to we shirt' I got from a concert. I ate my waffles and fed Jack who was super hyper for no apparent reason. I left early and headed to the park because Jace made that our new hang out place, and wanted me to meet him there.

I got there and found Jace already there with a few of his friends. Suddenly I felt like throwing up. When it was just me and Jace it was fine. If it was me, him and MY friends it was fine, but his friends, I don't know. They seemed kind of... What's the word, the type to make jokes about... us.

After getting myself together again, I walked over. "Hey" called Jace over the loud shouts of his friends.I shyly waved as all of his friends heads turned towards me. It's not that I was completely new to these people or anything, in fact Austin and Edward (who was Jackie's boyfriend), were pretty close friends of mine. It's just, the fact that Jace invited me there, there would definitely be some snickers from them.

I made my way over to the little group huddled around Jace. After awkward conversation Jace told them to leave, which I must say surprised me a bit.

He put his arm around my shoulder playfully, though I tensed up, and asked me if I wanted to walk to school with him. I answered almost immediately and felt all the blood rush to my cheeks. Trying to cover it up I said "yes" more slowly and calmly this time. My attempt failed sadly and caused Jace to give me a smirk, and causing me to blush more.

On the walk there he didn't take his hand from my shoulder, that is until I turned to him. It finally dawned on me the question I had needed to ask since yesterday. We were halfway to school and were quite early so I stopped him there and brought the subject up. I explained how my parents were leaving for a week, me and my sister had to stay here and everything else that could possibly come up. After a few moments of awkward silence, and some staring from him, he finally said something.

What came out of his mouth next was not what I was expecting at all!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Ok so I'd say on the third chapter from here things start getting really crazy. Stick around for a little while more!

Thx babes :*

Luv ya