10. Salty Aftermath

Haven- 10

"i never thought that you'd be the one to hold my heart. but you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start..."

Harry.

        This absurd feeling that you're falling, falling, falling, without the annotation you'll be caught at the bottom is one of the most frightening, yet enlightening feelings I've ever had the honor of experiencing. A paradox, really. Maybe that's the fun in it. The fright. Maybe that's why we always got caught in the web.

        And, despite the fact of waking up with my neck sore in places I was unaware existed, and my back aching tenderly all from falling asleep against the head board of Ella's bed, it was easily one of the best nights of sleep I've had--ever.

        But, as aforementioned, the paradox of it all was, in fact, the idea that even though your veins have acquired this newfound weight (or so it felt because you were just so goddamn happy), clouding your senses, you also couldn't imagine feeling any lighter. Free.

        She still hadn't woken yet, and from the looks of it, she hadn't moved all night either. Much to my pleasure. She'd, without warning found a home of my chest, literally, and figuratively, and it gives me this beautiful feeling of reassurance; all things were okay now, in this bed. I could use this moment to think back on, I could remember when she tightened her hold on my waist in her sleep.

        In the midst of my thoughts, I felt her fingers twitch. Then... a yawn, alerting me that she was awake and that I needed to stop staring at her before I came across lovesick.

        Ella looked up, her eyes smiling. "Morning." Her voice was laced with sleep, blanketing me with the tremors of it. I suddenly (or maybe it wasn't a sudden thing) wanted to hear that sleepy voice and see that morning hair for as long as she'll allow.

        "Morning, baby."

        "I'm sorry I fell asleep," she frowned, lifting from me and stretching the muscles in her arms. "Especially on you like that. Why do I always do that?"

        I laughed despite the cold I was feeling without her on me anymore. "I must be squidgy."

        Her smile was bright, and mind hazing. "You're dumb. I'm just glad I don't have class until..." she trailed off looking at the ceiling, "3:00."

        I nodded. "I don't have any until later tonight. My schedule is weird."

        Yeah, my schedule was weird but in reality, I was secretly telling her that I wanted to stay with her as long as I could today. It wasn't so much of a secret though if she was any good at reading me.

        "I could use a shower, but you can stay in here until I get out," she smiled softly, and I watched the movement of her lips. "I don't mind."

        My gut clenched at the thought of her both so close yet so far away, naked. Not the time, Harry. Not the time.

        "Okay," I said, pulling out my phone and pointing at it. "This'll keep me occupied. Take your time, baby."

        She crawled off, and made a move to get a shirt out of her small closet. She then proceeded to pick a pair of jeans out of the drawer. When she turned to the bathroom again she caught my eyes-- they were guarded by my lashes as I failed at being descreet-- and she smiled at me, noticing the way I was watching (staring) at her. I was soaking her in; taking in how she walked, how she moved around fluidly. I laughed softly when she teased, "I'm watchin' you, mister," and slipped into the confines of her bathroom.