16. Mine

Haven- 16

"...and we're caught up in the crossfire of heaven and hell. and we're searchin' for shelter.."

Ella.

"I gotta get to class," I whispered regretfully into Harry's hair. I didn't want to leave-- it was the last thing I wanted. But I'd missed so many classes during my time of seclusion that I thought better of skipping another.

Harry nuzzled further into my neck. We still hadn't moved from our position on the couch, my legs across his, his arms around my waist tightly. It was so comfortable being with him like this, uncaring of the world around us, wrapped in our own little bubble.

I'd thought Harry had fallen asleep, and his movement had only been dream-driven, until he muttered something into my shoulder. I shivered at his warm breath travelling across me. "What'd you say?"

"Don't want you to leave," he grumbled more clearly this time, and I'd had a good guess that that was what he was going to say.

"I know," I replied, my voice still low. I didn't know where Harry's roommate had fled to all this time, but I still preferred speaking so only Harry could hear. "But I missed so many classes that I--"

"What do you mean, baby?" He lifted his head, looking at me with tired eyes. Maybe he had been on the verge of sleep. "Missed classes when?"

"When we were..." I grimaced, trying to think of how to word it. I didn't have to think long, though. Harry had caught on.

"You didn't go to your classes?" He asked lowly, his eyebrows dipped.

"Didn't want to, really."

"Baby," he sighed, his grip tightening. "I'm so sorry... You should've gone..."

"Harry, I don't want you blaming yourself for one more thing," I told him sternly. I cupped his cheek, bringing his face closer to mine. "It was my decision to stay in, okay? I just didn't feel like leaving my dorm, that's all."

He closed his eyes tightly, opening them seconds later. "I hate the thought of you in there all alone like that, Ella, I'm not gonna lie." He kissed me softly. "But I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't tell you I did the same thing, baby. I was a mess."

My heart constricted painfully, nearly knocking the wind out of me. "I'm s--" He cut me off with a lip-searing kiss.

"You're gonna be late for class, my love," he reminded me gently. I'd never fully get used to the amount of adoration shown through his words and actions. It would take a lifetime and a day to grow out of the fluttering in my gut everytime he spoke.

"One more thing," I said, reluctantly seperating myself from his warmth and standing up off his lap. His groan of protest told me he wasn't particularly fond of the detatchment. "I'll be staying at my dorm tonight, okay?"

He immediately seized his movements of stretching. "Oh, hell no," he growled, standing up, taking my waist in his hands and pulling me against him. "Baby, no. I just got you back." He brought his lips back to my neck, and whispered in my ear, "I don't sleep half as good without you."

My eyelids fluttered closed, my heart pounding. "Harry," I tried.

"No."

There was no use continuing to argue a concept that I didn't really like the idea of anyways. In fact, I loved it when I could fall asleep next to Harry. There was nothing like the feeling of being held close, as if you'd manage to slip away during the night and the one person you can trust to protect you was right there, beside you.