24. Us

Haven- 24

"...there's so much of my life in her, and it's like i'm blinded. and it teaches you to never let go. there's so much love you'll never know. she can reach you no matter how far, wherever you are..."

Ella.

Did that just happen? It happened, didn't it? It was all I could repeat inside my head. Well, that and, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

And then suddenly another voice was in the space around me, "What if we fall asleep here?" Harry.

Craning my neck, my attention fell on the tousled man. He was beside me now, laying, shoulder pressed to my own. That was the only point of interest we were touching, though. And it was distinctly contrasting to the every inch of ourselves we'd pieced together just moments ago. Minutes. We'd already stumbled to get dressed again, half watching each other with open, withering eyes and half paying attention to the buttons we had to attend to on our clothes.

We didn't even have sex. We... touched each other. More specifically, he touched me and I couldn't refute because who in the right mind would? And then, I realized how much power he had over me, so I let go. He'd brought me somewhere different entirely; somewhere unknown, but I was still here. There, in that moment. It was my body, it was my overflowing pleasure working with the magic he was bringing and the product was something extraordinary.

Sex. The word scared me as much as it thrilled me. Or making love, as Harry was so adamant on calling it. And more so, not doing it on a desolated rooftop. Did Harry treat every girl he'd ever been with, with the same amount of tenderness, the same amount of sole attention as he did me? I didn't know. A large surge of jealousy at the thought of anyone else with him like that and suddenly I didn't care to find out, either.

Was that why I was so infatuated with him? Because he treated me like his entire world since the moment I met him? Was that why, when I looked at him, much like I'm doing now, dissecting him down to nothing but the look in his eyes that showed so much, I was afraid of liking him more than I've ever liked anyone before?

You're lying, you're not afraid of liking him. You're afraid of being fully happy again.

"We don't have to," Harry whispered, and I was brought back. What if we fall asleep here? Did he want to fall asleep here? Where nobody could find us? Nobody would look even miles close to the location Harry'd brought me.

"We can," I bargained softly.

He shook his head and smiled coyly. "S'okay. We've got class early tomorrow anyways. It was a dumb idea, baby." Not waiting for my incoming argument, he went to stand up. Turning, he held a hand out for me, watching me with a grin. "Coming?" Shaking myself out of the blank reverie, I took his hand and allowed him to haul me into his chest.

Bending down until his lips were on my hairline, he whispered, "Thank you for making this night special, angel. You mean so much to me." I'd never get used to the sincerity that was contstantly a home in his tone.

It baffled me on how one person could hold so much kindness within themselves.

My heartbeat was loud in my head. What did I even say back to that? "You mean a lot to me too, Harry," I whispered at last.

He was happy with that response if his expression had anything to say for it. Pulling me away enough so he could start walking, he tugged me along with him the way we came. The rooftop was far out from Boston and the area around us was mostly land and trees and serenity. It was somewhere I could see myself coming for privacy. Silence.