14| I Don't Want To Meet Your Relatives

Alan's POV

I woke up to a door slamming and I quickly peeked out the window to see Austin running to his car and speeding away. I stared at the space his car once occupied before shaking my head and standing up. I looked around the room and saw that Frank was cuddled up on the recliner clutching a pillow. Besides the two of us no one else was in the room.

I quietly walked out of the room and into the kitchen where I found Gerard holding a mug of coffee and sipping it slowly.
"Hey." I smiled at him.
"Hi." He said with a smile. "Is Frank still asleep?"
"Yea, he's clutching a pillow." I said with a chuckle. Gerard laughed with me.
"We spend so many nights together that he can't sleep without cuddling something." He smiled and I internally awed.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and leant against the counter.
"Do you have an idea why Austin sped out of here?" He just shook his head no and I sighed. We were both silent as we drank the hot drink. It was peaceful and I didn't feel awkward around Gerard so the silence was an okay thing. However that was short lived when my phone started ringing. I sighed when I realized it was my Dad. I decided it would be better to answer it than ignore him so I took a deep breath and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"
"I don't know where you were last night but you need to get yourself home now. We have something to do today and no you cannot skip out."
"Okay I'll b-"
"Just get here Alan." He said and hung up the phone.

I put my phone back in my pocket and ran a hand through my messy hair. I glanced at the cup in my hand and just decided to pour the rest of the coffee into the sink.
"Can you tell everyone that I had to go back home?" I asked Gerard and he nodded.
"Everything okay?"
"Yeah I guess. My Dad just wants me home now, said it was urgent." I shrugged my shoulders.
"Okay well we'll talk to you later. Be careful." Gerard called out after me as I left the kitchen.
"I will. Bye!"

I started walking towards my house and on the way there i became really nervous. I had no idea what my Dad wanted and I couldn't decipher what mood he was in on the phone. I scratched at the back of my neck as I crossed the road to get on to my street. About ten minutes later I got to the house where I saw Dad's car sitting out front ready to pull out. Mom's car wasn't there so I assumed she was at work.

Before I even got the chance to turn the door knob it was pulled open and my Dad was pulling me inside.
"Go upstairs and get changed and do something with that hair. You're clothes are laid out. Hurry." He said in one breath and I didn't even try to argue, I just hurried up the stairs and into my room. I quickly changed into the navy blue button up shirt, rolling the sleeves up to my elbows, and the black skinny jeans. I slipped my Vans back on and then checked my mess of hair in the mirror. There was absolutely no fixing it so I grabbed a beanie and slung it on top.

My Dad was waiting at the bottom of the stairs tapping his foot.
"Come on." He said and was out the door. I locked it behind him and he pulled out quickly. After a few minutes of driving I asked him why I had to dress up.
"There's someone I want you to meet."
"Who?"
"You'll see, but don't you dare embarrass me Alan. You will go along with us no matter what you want. Understand?" My heart dropped at that and I didn't make a move to answer him.
"Alan! Do you understand?" His voice dropped an octave and I nodded.
"Yes."
"Thank you. All I wanted was an answer. Now trust me this will be good for you."

We drove until we pulled up to the familiar building where my group was held. I sighed and reluctantly got out of the car and followed my Dad. He headed for Mrs. Adams office and I braced myself for the worst. Why would he be bringing me here to meet someone? Who did he want me to meet?

"Hi Rachel." (A/N: I can't remember if I gave her a first name already, but if I did someone please comment and I'll change it! Update: now said name is fixed!) my Dad said as he stepped into her office. They stood up and he gave her a quick hug and a smile before taking a seat in one of the chair.
"It's lovely to see you." She said and I couldn't help but wonder how they seemed so close. "And it's nice to see you to Alan." She said turning to me. "And you look nice. Navy's a great color on you."
"Umm thanks." I mumbled. "Why am I here?"
"Oh eager are we!" Mrs. Adams exclaimed.
"He doesn't know what's going on." My Dad said and I glanced between the two of them.
"Well its better we start now than later. Come on boys." She said and waddled around her desk.

We followed her down a hall and to a small lounge. The room was nice and looked like a staff lounge. There was a couch, a fridge, a table and set of chairs, and a closet. Sitting on the couch was a girl. I could only see the back of her head as it was tilted down looking at her phone.
"Megan come here dear." Mrs. Adams said in a very sweet voice. The girl turned to us with a smile. She had shoulder length dark brown hair and bangs that went right to above her eyebrows. She was tan and her eyes were a dark blue color. Freckles dotted her face and I couldn't tell if they were natural or fake one that girls added when they done their makeup. Her lips were a deep red color and the dress was navy blue, the exact color of my shirt. She wore black heels that gave a few inches to her short frame but she was still shorter than me.

The closer she got the quicker my brain was working. Once she got over to us I realized exactly why this girl and I were being introduced. This situation was already turning bad and it seemed to turn worse when Mrs. Adams turned around and smiled at me.
"Alan this Megan, my granddaughter."