32| Dad Knows Best

I can't believe this is on chapter 32 already?!?! We've still got a bit to go but not too much longer I think, but then again I'm not sure 🤔 anyways thanks for reading and commenting and voting you guys, it means the world to me!!!! So with that be sure to comment, vote, and share with your friends💫

Alan's POV

I was bored. So so so bored. I had done nothing all day except lay in my room and stare at the ceiling. Austin was working, Kellin was grounded, Vic was doing something with Mike, and Gerard and Frank were on a much needed date. So I was pretty much stuck. Austin kept me halfway entertained by sending cute texts every second he could manage. He had been so clingy and lovey dovey lately, and to say I didn't like it would be a flat out lie. It was so cute. He was constantly sending me cute messages and every chance he got he was sneaking me off to his house or even sneaking into mine, thankfully we hadn't got caught by my either of my parents yet.

I was startled out of my thoughts of Austin by a bang on my door.
"Alan!" I heard my Dad call through the dark colored wood. "Come downstairs, your mother wants you to eat dinner with us." I sighed and got up. If I argued with him he may get violent and I definitely did not want that to happen. I walked on eggshells around my Dad now. I didn't want to upset him. However he never cared if he upset me. He had taken a liking to calling me a faggot around the house. I just tried ignoring the words the best I could, but sometimes that didn't work.

I got to the dining room and there was three plates sat out and the table was filled with food. Mom was sitting at one end of the small table and Dad at the other. I sat in between them and scooted my chair up, filling the silence with the screeching noise it made. Mom gave me a small smile that I didn't return.
"Okay!" She clapped her hands together. "Let's dig in."
I reached for the bowl of mashed potatoes in front of me when my Dad grunted.
"I don't want anything after his hands have touched it. Who knows how many dicks he's touched." I sat the bowl back down and folded my hands in my lap. Dad was quick to fill his plate, avoiding the mashed potatoes all together. I kept my hands to myself, deciding that I wasn't going to touch anything. I would sit here through the meal silent if I had to.

"Alan honey aren't you going to eat?" My Mom asked and I shook my head.
"I don't want to touch anything." I said in a quiet, snarky tone. Dad laughed from beside of me.
"See even he knows his dirty hands shouldn't be touching anything. I don't even see why you wanted him to come down here. It makes me sick knowing I raised a disgrace like him."
"Honey it wasn't our fault he turned out the way he did. He was influenced by someone, you know that, and the reason I wanted him down here was because I missed our family dinners."
"Family? That fag isn't a part of my family."

I clenched my fists under the table. "I can just go. I wouldn't want to ruin your meal." I said and started to scoot my chair out from under the table.
"No!" My Mom said hastily. "Here, I'll get your food out. Just stay." She dished out me a plate and I looked at it a few moments before picking up my fork and starting to eat. There was nothing but the sound of forks hitting plates as we all ate in silence. I was quick to finish and once I did put my hands back in my lap and stared down at the table. My parents took their time and started making small conversation. Mom asked Dad about work and they talked a while about the neighbors, taking their sweet time while eating.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I quickly slipped it out to see who was texting.

A💕: Hey baby whatcha up to?
A💕: I miss you
A💕:like A LOT
A💕: do you think you'll be able to sneak out tonight?
A💕: babbbyyyyy

I smiled at Austins flurry of texts and texted him back with a smile on my face.
"No phones at the table." My Dad said. I quickly mumbled a sorry and slipped it back in my pocket.
"No. Give it to me. It's disrespectful. I'll hold on to it until we all finish." He held his hand out but I didn't dare reach him the phone.
"I thought you didn't want to touch anything that I did?"
"Alan now." He gritted out.
"I promise I won't get it out again." I pleaded and he shot me a sharp look.
"Alan give me the phone."

I felt it vibrating in my pocket and I knew it was Austin. There was no way I could text him and tell him that my Dad would have my phone and there was no way to stop my Dad from looking at it.
"Alan!" He yelled and banged his fist on the table.
"Okay just let me turn it off." I said fumbling for it.
"No. I want it left as is." He snatched the phone from my hand and laid it down on the table beside his plate. He picked up his fork and shoveled some food into his mouth. I watched my phone and prayed no one would text, but of course it had to vibrate.

It rattled against the table and my Dad glanced at it before turning back to his food. I felt myself breathe a sigh of relief. The phone vibrated again and my Dad glanced at, staring a little bit longer than the last time. His eyes flickered to mine and I gave an uneasy smile as he sat his fork down on the plate. He stared at the phone waiting for it to vibrate and once it did he was quick to pick it up. He looked at the screen and I saw his face contort.

"Who is A?"
"Huh? Who?"
"Alan don't play dumb." He turned the phone towards me. The screen lit up with messages from Austin. "Who is this?" He demanded.
"Just a friend." I muttered and looked down.
"Yeah what fucking friend says they miss you and calls you baby? Huh? Tell me?" I didn't say anything but I felt the anger radiating off of him. "Fine then unlock the phone."
"No."
"Alan now!" He said and slammed a fist down on the table, hard enough to make the plates rattle. I didn't say anything and he made a growl like noise. "I'll just call the fucking phone company then. Get the records myself."
"Dad don't!"
"Who is it then Alan!?" He yelled.

"He's just a friend!" My Dad went dead silent.
"He?" He started chuckling and in one swift movement my phone was being thrown across the room and into the nearest wall. "He's just a friend aye? Who fucking calls their friend baby and put hearts beside their contact name?" He stood up from the table and grabbed my arm, jerking me out of my chair. I was slammed into the wall, much like my phone from before, and my Dad had a tight grip on my shirt.

I glanced at my Mom and saw her quickly leaving the room.  My heart sank and I turned back towards my Dad.
"You fucking worthless faggot." He pulled me forward and slammed me back into the wall. "How could I have raised a disgrace like you? When will you fucking see it's not natural!" He screamed in my face. "No son of mine will be associate with such disgusting things. You will change Alan or I will make you." And with that he landed a hard punch to my cheek that sent me to the cold floor. I didn't even have time to protest before his foot was connecting with my ribs. I pleaded for him to stop and I screamed for my Mom to help me in any way possible, but she never did. I was in so much pain I had started seeing spots in my vision. My Dad was yelling at me but at this point I had no chance at making out the words. I was slowly losing my senses as I became numb with each kick or punch. In a way I welcomed it because then I wouldn't have to face the reality of the situation as it happened. So I let myself become numb and blocked out my surroundings. I didn't fight back. I let it happen. What else could I do?