33| There's Always People You Can Count On

Hello lovelies. Question. Would anyone be interested in a spin off that deals with Vic and Kellin's relationship?

Also winter breaks starting tomorrow and I don't know when I'll have wifi soooo updates may be late!

I hope all of you lovelies have a great winter break (if you're on one) and have a great holiday (if you celebrate one)! Love goes out to all of you amazing little creatures
💕💫💕💫💕

Alan's POV

I groaned and rolled over. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on. My mind was hazy and my whole body hurt. I tried to squint my eyes open but was only met with darkness. I couldn't decide whether it was from my eyes being closed or the lights being off. I moved to get up but immediately dropped back to the ground in pain. I laid on the floor and slowly everything came back. Dinner, the texts, my Dad, all of it.

I finally managed to fight through the pain and gripped the wall as I pulled myself to my feet. I still couldn't see, and I still wasn't sure if it was because my eyes weren't open or if the room was dark, so I felt my way towards the light switch. One hand was feeling along the wall and the other was clutching my side. I was in so much pain. My body hurt everywhere. There was a limp in my step, my face was sticky with what I assumed was blood, and every time I breathed in I wanted to scream out.

My hand hit the light switch and once I flipped it the room flooded with light. I let out a small breath of relief when I was sure my eyes were actually open. I griped the edge of the other counter and looked around for my phone. I prayed it wasn't broke because I knew there was no way I could get a new one. It's a wonder if my parents even keep it turned on after what happened.  I found it sticking out beside of one of he chair legs and when I reached down to get it pain shot through my entire body. Tears pricked my eyes and I tried to be quick about grabbing it.

The phone screen had a large crack running through it but it still turned on and after a little further inspection I found out it functioned properly enough. The crack wasn't really affecting it and for that I was utterly relieved. I clicked on my message app and noticed the abundance of messages from Austin. He was worried sick. I glanced at the time at the top of the phone screen. 3:30 a.m. No wonder he was worried. I wasn't one to not text back and this long without a reply he knew something had to be wrong. I sent him a quick text telling him everything was okay and that I missed him too.

I leaned back against the counter as pain rain up my side. I really should go to a doctor, but I can't,  then again I didn't  really know how to deal with my side. I could bandage the possible cut on my face and take medicine for the pain but I had no clue what to do about my side. Every step was like a knife being plunged deep into me and every breath was the same.

There was always YouTube and Google. I could look it up but I was honestly in too much pain to even do that. I could message Austin, he's probably flip out. Kellin probably knew how to fix stuff but he was grounded. There was always Vic. Then again it was three in the morning. I battled with myself a few minutes before finally just saying to heck with it. I was in pain and didn't know what to do and, if I'm being honest, I just wanted a familiar face.

I made my way to the front door slowly and quietly. I knew that i couldn't take the car because my parents would be pissed but Vic only lived a couple streets away. I could walk that far right? The task proved harder than I thought and after numerous breaks I finally made it out front of Vic's house. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number. It rang and rang and rang but finally his groggy voice came through the speaker.
"Alan?"
"Hey, um could you help me out?" I asked and bit my lip.
"What do you need help with....at four in the morning?" He yawned.
"Can you let me in please?" I was on his front porch now and I really needed to sit down. If I didn't I might pass out.
"You're here?"
"Um yea?"
"Just hold on a sec." he said and I heard the line cut.

I slipped my phone back in my pocket and leaned against the wall. I heard light footsteps and soon after that the door opened and Vic appeared in the opening.
"Come on Alan." He said and reached for me. I knew he couldn't see me yet because it was too dark but I knew he would shortly. I let myself be pulled into the house and I followed Vic slowly. He motioned me up the stairs and I felt my knees shaking with all the movement. Vic looked back at me and I could faintly make out the features on his face. His eyes were scrunched and his lips in a frown.

"Are you okay Alan?" He asked quietly.
I didn't say anything and just kept going up the stairs. Once I made it to the top I followed him into his room and was quick to sit on the bed, not sure how much longer I could keep standing. Vic was quick to turn on his light and when he did I squinted against the sudden brightness.
"Alan what happened?" He said and I opened his eyes to see his worried face.
"My Dad." I mumbled. I saw Vic's fist clench and he shook his head.
"Is this what you needed help with?" He asked and I nodded.
"I wasn't sure what to do about my side." I explained. "And I um I just really needed a friend." His face softened at my words.
"I'm always here Alan." He told me and then gestured to my side. "No let me see." I lifted my shirt up and he sighed.
"This looks bad Alan." He came closer and knelt down beside of me. "I'm gonna feel around okay?" I nodded. Once his cold fingers made contact with my skin I yelped. He only felt for a few moment before pulling away.

"I think it may just a badly bruised rib, there's a possibility it could be cracked."
"How do you know?" I asked curiously.
"My Mom's a nurse and she taught me a few things. Plus I've dealt with Kellin having a couple." He gave me a sad smile and I nodded.
"Now I'll wrap your side in a minute but I really want to check that cut on your face. It looks deep. I'll be right back." He left the room a few moment and soon returned with a first aid kit. He was careful to clean the cut on my face and he pulled back with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I don't think you need stitches." He finally stated. "Now I'm gonna bandage that and then wrap your side." Vic worked quickly and efficiently and pretty soon I was all bandaged and he was handing me a couple of pain killers. He sat back down on the bed beside me and put an arm around me carefully.
"Now tell me what happened." He said.
"He saw some messages from me and Austin and got mad." I shrugged.
"Fucking asshole." Vic muttered. "You don't deserve that Alan." He said and pulled me closer into his side. I didn't say anything and just leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Listen to me okay?" Vic said after a while. "I've tried with Kellin and I'm gonna try with you even though it may not work. But Alan you could go the the authorities, just tell someone." He suggested and I just shook my head.
"Vic I can't."
"You can."
"No Vic. I'll have no where to go,"
"Bullshit." He interrupted.
"They're still my parents."
"They shouldn't treat you like that!"
"I know." I agreed.
"Than why not tell someone?" He pleaded.
"I just can't." I said and Vic got quiet again.

"I could never get Kellin to either." He whispered. "I hate seeing him go through it and I hate seeing you go through it too.  I've tried so hard to protect him and I do my best but I still can't stop it. He still shows up with bruises and tears on his cheeks but you know what even if he's bandaged and bruised he always manages to keep a smile on his face. I couldn't imagine what he goes through and I can't imagine what you go through either." He ran a hand through his hair. "My parents have always been accepting an-"

"Wait then why are you in the group?" I asked.
"Kellin." He shrugged. "I wasn't about to let him go through that alone."
"You're something else Vic." I gave him a smile.
"Alan he means the world to me." Vic said and smiled. "I would do anything for him. He's my everything. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I hadn't ran into him." He paused and then looked at me. "Sorry. I tend to ramble when I talk about him." I saw Vic blush and i couldn't help but chuckle.
"You're so whipped."
"I can't even deny it." He laughed with me.

"Now I think you need to rest some." He patted his bed and got up. "I'll be downstairs if you need me okay?"
"Wait I'll just go. I'm not kicking you out of your bed." I stated and started to stand.
"Nope. You're gonna lay down and get some sleep. You are not going back to your Dads tonight." He said sternly and I just sighed. "Good. Now sleep tight." He said and gave a little wave before leaving the room.

I laid back against the soft pillows and glanced at the clock, 6 a.m., I guess I really did need to get some sleep. I pulled the covers up to my chin and shuffled around into a comfortable position before shutting my eyes and letting darkness overtake me for the second time today.