The Theatre

Thank you so much for reading!!! Means a lot! Here's the family tree at a glance. I know it is really complicated but as the story goes on, you guys will learn the characters better since they’re a huge part of the story :D

Khaliq + Sara (Safiyana's parents)               

            l                                                                                                                                  

Mizan   Zayed   Safiyana   Ali                         

   +           +(soon)

 Aisha   Kismat

     l 

Sufyan

Kareem + Nifisa (Safiyana's aunt and uncle)

               l

Mehnaz(Married off)     Omar      Yusuf                

“Hey babe” Emma greets me as I sit down beside her. The lecture hall is slowly filling up with students so with each passing second, it gets noisier.

“Hi” I sigh, slouching in my seat.

“Hey Emma” Yusuf grins at her. I flip him the bird and he walks up a couple rows before sitting down beside his friends. I kept my brothers and cousin away from my best friend. She was off limits to their flirting.

“Sorry”

“Don’t be. It’s not every day I have hot, rich heirs drooling over me”

“Yes it is” I scowl. “Always the damsel in distress”

“And the only saviour I have is you” she leans her head on my shoulder.

Finally the T.A. walks into the room. We all settle down and begin the discussion on last night’s homework. When the lecture’s done, I pack everything back into my bag and wait for Emma to collect her things. Yusuf would drive me home obviously but before that, there were people to meet.

“Where are our partners?” I ask Emma in mock enthusiasm.

She stands up and looks around. “There” she points to a tall, broad-shouldered guy chatting with another guy with black hair. Both men are quite handsome if I may add.

 She grabs my hand and pulls me to them. “Hi, Liam?”

“Yeah. You must be Emma” he grins. “Nice to meet you” he holds out his hand. She shakes it before gesturing to me.

“This is Safiyana. We’re excited to work with you guys on the project. Should be interesting” she flashes him her killer smile. I nod along with her. The guy beside him looks like he’s about to pass out.

Poor thing.  

“I thought we were partnered with you and somebody named Ayaan” Emma questions.

“Oh you are. Ayaan just had to step out for a phone call. Should we meet up later and discuss the plan to ace this?”

“Sure. How’s dinner, 7pm tomorrow night at the Italian place by the mall?”

“Sounds great. We’ll see you then” She nods and once again, pulls me with her. “Now let’s see if that hot cousin of yours can give me a ride home”