Secrets Exposed

Extra long chapter for the delay! Lots happens so ask if you have any questions or confusions! Enjoy! xx 

"Where does it lead?” I ask him, staring deep into the yard. We’d awoken this freezing Saturday morning to find a trail in the snow in our backyard leading God knows where.

“Maybe we should call pest control?” Omar mutters.

“Maybe Zayed was just sleep-pissing from his window again,” Yusuf snorts. We all snicker like little shits as my brother goes beet red and punches Yusuf in the stomach.

“What? Sleep-pissing?” Kismat asks me.

“When Zayed was like five or six, he had to pee so bad in his sleep he peed through the balcony railings,” I fill her in. She looks appalled and Zayed storms off to the kitchen.

“He’s gonna bloody murder you for that,” Omar shakes his head. Yusuf shrugs and falls onto the sofa again.

We all woke up pretty early and piled onto the sofa one by one when we realized how cold and useless the day was going to be. All the parents were gone to a wedding of our dads’ cousin’s son in Manchester for the weekend so it was just us punks.

“Let’s go out for dinner tonight. I could go for some warm sweet and sour soup,” Ali announces to everyone.

“Lets. We can make it a burger night,” I nod.

“Now I’m confused,” Kismat looks at us all weirdly.

We all laugh at the look she’s giving us. “We watch Bob’s Burgers on the nights we’re all home alone,” Zayed explains, coming back into the room with crisps in his hand.

“Burger and Chinese night it is!” Ali declares.

“No, go season one!” I throw a pillow at the back of Ali’s head.

“Okay relax, geez. I’m sorry I got in between you and Tina,” he apologizes just like a taught him.

The doorbell rings then. “The food must be here. I’ll go get it,” I say, getting up off the sofa. I reach the door just as Mizan turns the corner too.

“Food’s probably here,” I open the door but it’s not food. “Oh.”

“Nice to see you too,” he smirks.

“Hey babe,” Zinat comes up behind him with Ayaan’s sister Mannat.

“Come in on guys. How are you?” Mizan greets them happily. I step aside to let them all in and quickly shut the door so no more cold gets in.

“Head inside ladies. Food should be here soon,” Mizan grins and ushers the girls in.

“What’re you doing here?” I ask him, taking his coat and hanging it on the coat rack.

“Your brother invited us over,” he says it obviously.

The doorbell rings again and it is the food this time. Ayaan helps me carry the seven bags of Chinese food inside. Instead of Bob’s Burgers, Ali has put in some Bollywood film.

Great. Now I won’t even get Tina time.

“Saf, what did you order?” Zayed asks me.

“My kung pow and chicken pad thai. Can I have one of your spring rolls too?” 

“You can have mine. I don’t fancy them much,” Ayaan offers.

“Seriously? I love them,” I shrug, taking his two spring rolls.