Dead Battery

Just the family tree as a reminder :D

Khaliq + Sara (Safiyana's parents)       

                         l                                                                                                                      

Mizan   Zayed  Safiyana  Ali                                       

    +            +(soon)

Aisha     Kismat

     l    

Sufyan

  Kareem + Nifisa (Safiyana's aunt and uncle)

                            l

 Mehnaz(Married off)     Omar      Yusuf   

Thank you so much to everyone who read the last chapters! Really appreciate it! The story's gonna start gaining speed soon :D

I angrily pull out the stupid buds of roses from my hair. Stupid, dumbass guys who can’t watch where they’re going.

“I’m sorry-” he starts but I wave him off, angrily ripping the pink curtain off my shoulder. God dammit, what the hell is all this shit?

“Saf what are you doing here, I’ve been waiting forever” Emma comes around the corner and drags me away without so much as a blink towards the mess. I don’t look back at the blind idiot either and head to the costume room with my bag full of dresses.

“Asalamuwalekum” I sit down in the living room beside Zayed and grab my nephew from his lap. “How are you Sufyan” I coo to the three year old boy. He giggles, sitting comfortably in my lap. We are watching Spongebob I guess.

“How was your day sweetheart?” Zayed asks me, reaching over the side of the sofa for his iPhone.

“It’s not done yet. I have to meet my criminology group for dinner” I look at his phone for the time. I still had two hours.

“Need a ride?”

“I don’t think so. Mizan bhai texted me that my car is back from the mechanic but I’ll have to check the garage to double check”

“I think I saw it pulling up earlier” he nods.

“Wanna know a secret?”

“What?”

“You gotta swear on KitKat”

“Damn, this is serious” he raises his eyebrow. It was our thing. Instead of pinky swearing or crossing our hearts, we swore on the God given gift of chocolaty bars.

“It is. Swear?”

“On KitKat” he nods.

“Mum’s looking to get you hitched”

“Fu-dge, seriously?” he lowers his voice because of Sufyan.

“Sufy babe, why don’t you go get Zayed bhai and I an orange from the kitchen” I set the toddler on the floor. He runs off down the long hallway.

“When’d she tell you?”

“After dinner a couple days ago”

“Bollocks”