First Meetings

Thank you so much for all the votes and comments!!! This chapter is dedicated to you all! xx

Continues right from the last chapter

“Why are you apologizing?” I grumble.

“Because I actually wouldn’t mind much if we got married.”

There’s a dead silence for a good two minutes while I process what he said. He must be sick. Maybe he got bit by a scorpion in is slowly dying…..yup that sounds right.

“So are movie soundtracks all that you can play or can you jam out a proper tune too?” he breaks the quiet and comes to sit beside me. He keeps a good foot between us while he mindlessly presses keys.

“You heard my violin too?”

“Oh yeah. Best movie,” he chuckles.

“Best,” I surprisingly laugh too.

“You don’t laugh a lot, or smile even,” he notes.

“There’s not much to smile about,” I shrug. That makes him laugh again.

“You’re kidding right? Look at you. What’s there not to smile about?” he asks, completely astounded at my answer.

“A smile shouldn’t be wasted on petty things.”

“You just need to find someone that makes everything worth smiling about. That’s when you’re really living,” he says, eating my last cantaloupe piece.

“And you think you’re that person?” I challenge his words.

“Not at all. But I think I can at least make you laugh at me if not with me,” he grins.

“That’s something I would like to see,” I feel my lips tugging up. Wow, he’s already living up to his word.

He presses one key, and then another, and then launches into a full out song. He actually plays the piano well while rapping to Jay Z.

Coming up, coming down, riding clean fix your head in my crown, bad bitch, H town Keep it trill y'all know. Paris where we been. 'Pard my Parisian, it's Hov time in no time. It's fuck all y'all season.

 It's Bordeauxs and Burgundies, flush out a Riesling. When's Hov's out, those hoes out. Y'all put y'all weaves in

I burst out laughing, to the point where I have tears in my eyes. And I can actually say that I’ve never laughed so hard in my life.

“Oh my god, what was that?” I double over, almost falling off the bench. He laughs with me, watching as I make a fool of myself.

“See, told you I could,” he grins.

“I’m pissing myself. I hate you,” I say, still laughing. I have to stand up to steady my light head and take a couple deep breaths.

“I’ve got to call my mum and dad and give them a heads up about last night. I’ll see you later,” he gives me a little wave before leaving me in the library. I sit back down on the bench and stare at my violin, still laughing to myself.

He’s got a good voice I have to hand him that.

I play the violin again, random notes, a random melody, just so I have time to think. I may have found him annoying at first but Ayaan is a nice guy. Better than most.

Would it be so bad to have to get engaged to him for the sake of my brother’s happiness? I mean, we’re not in love or anything. A couple months, maybe a year later, we’d break it off and I’d have some good memories with a friend.