Epiphanies

"I come bearing bad news," she sits down beside Ayaan and starts to rub his back condolingly.

"What's wrong?" Zinat and Ayaan say at the same time.

"Mahum is in town," she says depressingly.

"Shit," the other three say simultaneously.

"And so is Raheem," Nafeeza adds on.

Ayaan groans, "SHIT!"

"Yup. They'll be there tonight," Nafeeza sighs, irritated at the thought.

"Who're they?" I look up at Ayaan questioningly.

He leans forward so his face is beside mine. "Remember the girl I told you about who's in Ireland now? Yeah, her and her brother," he nods when he sees the understanding dawn on my face.

He leans closer and whispers, "long story. After," before lying back down on the bed. I quickly divert the topic to our beach bungalow. Ayaan hooks up his camera to the TV for everyone to see.

Around four, everyone left to their rooms to get ready for tonight. I choose one of the dresses I got as a gift from the wedding. A nice black and green dress.

Ayaan walks into the room with a new bottle of shampoo in his hand. He closes the door behind him and rolls the shampoo bottle in the direction of the bathroom.

"The maturity seems in oceans from you," I mutter, picking out accessories. He ignores my comment as he chooses his own outfit for tonight.

"What colour is your dress?" he calls out from the closet.

"Green," I call back.

He comes out holding a pair of black pants a green dress shirt. He chucks them on the bed along with his shirt and walks over to where I'm standing to grab the towel on the chair beside me.

He starts singing under his breath as he goes about collecting his things, passing me a kiss everytime he passes me. "Koyi nahin hai kamre mein, kya hasen mila hai pal. Aaj sharaarat karne do, kaam baaki karenge kal (no one else is in the room, what a moment we have here. Let's do some mischief today and work tomorrow)."

"Ayaan, shut up," I whack him after the third time he walks past me.

"Trying to drop some subtle hints mate," he scowls.

"Yeah I got it," I chuckle, turning around to face him. "But maybe later," I wink, kissing his cheek before stealing the shower.

"Hey, cheater!" he yells but I lock the door before he can get in. I get ready quickly while Ayaan's showering. When he comes out, I bring up Mahum and Raheem.

"Oh man, this night's going to be awful," he starts off with a groan. "You already know Mahum's story. The thing is, I haven't seen her in a while. I have no idea if she knows I'm married but if she does, you can't leave my side. She likes to stir trouble," he cringes.

"And Raheem?"

"Raheem and I have never gotten along. He's really competitive and whenever he was around, he'd never fail to piss all of us off. As we grew up, we learned not to make a scene in front of the adults but he never learned to be civilized," he comes to sit down beside me.

"Well I am quite looking forward to meeting the two. And maybe give them a run for their money," I smirk.

"I knew I married you for a reason," he snorts, leaning in for a kiss. Before he can get anywhere, there's a knock on the door. I quickly stand up and yell for the person to come in.