Chapter 12: Nico...

AN: This will be the last chapter of this story. I just realized it will be very short and I want to apologize for it. I want to thank you all for reading this and supporting me through this. I love you my Homo Oreos!!!

~Percico1215❤
_* * * * * * * * * * * * * *_

Percy's POV:

I sat in a chair next to Nico's bed. His lifeless hand was placed in mine. Ever since they helped me recover from the harpy attack, I've been here by Nico's side. For five days. Five days of sitting in this uncomfortable chair. I never got up (unless it was to go to the bathroom) not even to eat. Chiron had to bring the food here and force feed me. Other than that, it was sitting in this chair.
Nico was laying in the infirmary bed. He had not shown much improvement over the last few days. A couple of times he would flinch or make a sort of whimpering sound, but otherwise, nothing.
Chiron described this as a type of coma. He was not sure when or if Nico would come out of it. The thought of him staying in a coma scared me, especially since we would have to... pull the plug if he never came to.
Tremors hit my body. It was a type of panic attack I had been having lately. Before long, I started gasping for breath, not able to breathe. I had to pull myself together. Nico will be fine. Nico will...
Just as the panic attack subsided, a nurse entered the room. Accompanying her was Chiron. He and the nurse went to Nico to check on his vitals. All seemed well. Chiron shook his head at me, implying that he would not be waking up today. But I can't believe that. Nico will pull through, he will be fine.
Just as they were about to leave, Nico's hand grasped mine firmly. I gasped. I quickly moved above him and cupped his face with my other hand.
"Nico, baby, are you okay?" I asked him worriedly. His eyes were still closed.
"Percy, what are you doing? He's still in a coma," Chiron said.
"I-i felt his hand grip mine. Is that good? Is he gonna be okay?"
Chiron sighed. "That is something only the Fates know."
We stared at Nico for a good 5 minutes. His hand gripping mine firmly the only hope I had. Just as I was beginning to lose hope, Nico gasped.
"B-Bianca?" he croaked. "Is that you sorella?"
My heart ached as he mentioned Bianca. I still felt bad for not being able to save her from the giant junkyard robot. Nico still hadn't opened his eyes but it must be a good thing that he remembered Bianca.
"No, it's not her," I told him with a heavy heart.
Nico had that hopeful childish look he had when I first found him. "Is my momma here?"
I sighed. Must have hope. He'll know who I am when he opens his eyes. "No."
Slowly, Nico's eyes peeled open. He scanned the room with a frightened face. His eyes landed first on the nurse, then on Chiron.
"You're mom must have really liked horses," he muttered in a low voice.
I snorted. That seemed to turn his attention to me. He squinted his eyes and inspected me closely. He looked me up and down, side to side. Finally, be turned his piercing brown gaze to my sea-green eyes.
The tension rose between us. It was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. He was staring at me with a curious expression. I squeezed his hand. His head snapped to our clasped hands before pulling his away, cupping it to his chest.
What he asked next tore my heart in half. "Who are you?"

_* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *_

AN: I feel like I failed on this story... oh well. I decided to mix the plot of the shorter and longer versions together to make a long series.

~Percico1215❤