#8 - Daniel Ricciardo

#8 - Does he know about the baby?

Requested by VamosBarcelona and lynibelle

----

You sit on the floor, with your back against your bed, hugging your knees against your chest. Tears are falling down, but no sound comes out of you. You're just sitting there, silently crying. 

Your best friend Max walks in, his eyes widening at the sight of you. 

"Y/N?" you look up to look into the blue eyes of Max, as he kneels down in front of you. A year ago, Max had introduced you to his team mate Daniel Ricciardo. The two of you immediately hit it off, falling quite fast for each other. You've never felt this way about anyone, Daniel makes you feel so loved. But this is going to screw everything up. 

"What's wrong?" Max asks you, grabbing ahold of your hand. You and Max have known each other for about 5 years now, you're 3 years older than him, but he's about as mature as you are. It never felt weird to talk about things with him. 

"I fucked up, Max" you whisper, making Max look confused. You quickly grab ahold of the now clean stick, pushing it in Max' hands. You are afraid to look at him, so you look down again. You feel Max' arms wrap around you. 

"Is it Dan's?" Max softly asks, making you nod against his chest. 

"Does he know about the baby?"he asks right after, making you shake your head. Daniel was supposed to come over today as well, but you haven't heard from him. 

"What baby?" you freeze at hearing the Australian accent. Max looks up, seeing the confused looking Daniel. His eyes are stuck on you, you feel his eyes. You look up, debating wether to just say it or lie. What if Daniel doesn't want a baby?

"I'll leave you two alone" Max mumbles, kissing the side of your head. He stands up and pats Daniel's shoulder, before closing the door behind him. Daniel takes his place, sitting down next to you. He grabs ahold of your hand, lacing his fingers through yours.

"What baby?" he asks again, his voice soft and full of confusion. You take a deep breath, looking up into his beautiful brown eyes. You hope the baby has his eyes, you love the colour of them.

"Ours" Daniel's eyes widen, but only for a second, before he pulls you closer. 

"You're pregnant?" he asks, his voice still soft as ever. You nod slowly, afraid of what's going to happen next. 

"Why are you crying?" Daniel asks, whiping your tears from your cheeks. "Because I'm afraid you'll leave me" you whisper. Daniel's eyes widen, before he pulls you closer. In fact, he pulls you onto his lap, wrapping his strong arms tightly around you. 

"I would never leave you, babe. If I did, who is going to learn our baby to drive cars as fast as possible?" you look up at Daniel, seeing the usual smile on his face. It makes you smile as well, it always has. 

"You're not mad?" Daniel shakes his head, pressing his lips against your forehead.

"No, I'm actually very relieved. I've heard you throwing up in the night and I was quite worried. I am happy to be having a beautiful baby with you, babe. I love you so much, why would you think anything different?" Daniel doesn't give you time to respond, he just presses his lips against yours. 

"Our baby is going to be the coolest baby ever" he whispers, before kissing you again.