#7 - Nico Rosberg

#7 - You make a good pillow

Requested by legolaslover1

--------------------------------------

You are glad Nico decided to retire last year after winning the World Championship, he is home much more often now. Sure, you loved going to races, cheering him on. But it also made you scared, scared that he'll crash and you wouldn't see him again. But now, he's just your husband, soon to be baby daddy. 

You love your job, you work as a writer for a upcoming magazine, which means you spend lots of hours in an office, typing away on your laptop. Nico doesn't mind, he loves to cook for you two whenever you come home late. He loves to bring you to work and come get you at the end of the day. He likes to be the kind of husband he never could be when he was still racing. 

But being pregnant makes your work even harder and more tiring. Every day you come home, you instantly fall asleep when you lay down. Nico and you haven't spent much time together, and you feel like it's your fault. You should've taken Nico's advice to stop working during your pregnancy, but you didn't listen. 

"Nico?" you call out as you come home, feeling exhausted. It's Thursday and it's dreadfull for you to think that tomorrow is another work day. You sigh when you don't get an immediate response from Nico, so you just walk into the kitchen. You can smell that he's been cooking, but the food is nowhere to be found. You raise your eyebrow, before making your way to the living room. He isn't there either, making you somewhat scared. What if something happened?

"Nico?!" you call out, louder than before. 

"Upstairs!" he calls back, making your heart rate slow down again, your emotions going slightly back to normal. You walk up the stairs and move into your bedroom. You can hear the water running in the bathroom, making you walk towards it. 

There is Nico, sitting on the edge of the bath tub, his hand feeling the water temperature. He looks up at you, a loving smile on his lips. "Hey babe. I am running a bath for you" he casually says, standing up to move towards you. You smile as he leans down, pressing a kiss to your lips. His hand moves to your belly, grinning down at you. 

He helps you get out of your clothes, helping you into the bath as well. He walk out of the bathroom, coming back with a bowl full of your favorite meal; sweet rice with chicken. 

"I put it in a bowl so you can eat it in the bath" Nico says, making you giggle at how crazy that is. However, you feel hungry, which makes you take the bowl and eat your meal. Nico just sits with you, talking about your day and his day. He had some interviews, as well as meetings. 

After your bath, Nico hands you one of his shirts, stripping out of his own clothes. The two of you move into bed, Nico immediately pulling you closer. He moves one of your legs over his hip, drawing small circles on the exposed skin, while he pulls you to lay your head down on his chest. 

You wrap your arm around his waist, cuddling into him. "You make a good pillow" Nico chuckles, kissing the top of your head. 

"I'm glad. I also called your work, you are not going tomorrow, or any other day until you're ready again. I do think it might be better if you quit at all, but I know that is an issue, so I won't talk about that. I just don't want you to work anymore during the pregnancy. I want you here, with me" Nico says. You're too tired to really say something back, so you just nod, letting your eyes fall closed. Right before you fall asleep, you hear him mumbling words to the baby in your belly, while kissing your head constantly.