#25 - Lewis Hamilton

#25 - I told you not to fall in love with me

Requested by lovestorieswriter

------------------------------------------

You've been working as Lewis' press officer ever since the start of the 2017 season. When you first met him, he had joked about you falling for him and that you shouldn't. You had laughed it off, but now, almost 5 months later, you were completely head over heels for the Brit. 

You're in Great Britain, his home Grand Prix. You know he's been nervous, he hasn't been on the podium in the last two races. He wants to do well for his home crowd, he wants to make everyone proud of him. 

You're standing in his garage, watching him drive the laps, leading the race. He hasn't been under pressure the entire race, he's doing incredible. You're wearing a head set, the last 2 laps starting. Max Verstappen pits for new tyres, making you frown, two laps to go, that's not smart. 

But then Kimi Raikkonen's front tyre gives up, a puncture clear. He has to pit, falling back a place. And then the unthinkable happens as well. Vettel's tyre has a puncture as well. He falls out of the top three, making Bottas move up to second place and Raikkonen finishing third. Both Verstappen and Ricciardo move up a place with Vettel behind them. 

Lewis' voice sounds over the radio, saying how happy he is with the fans. His voice makes butterflies erupt in your stomach, it's been doing that for a couple of races now. You can't stop thinking about him whenever you two aren't together. But he only sees you as a friend. 

After all the podium interviews and press conference, you take Lewis to the circle with media. You record all the interviews, pretty much zooming out everytime you move to another interviewer. 

"Y/N?" you get pulled back to reality when you're done with the last interview. Lewis frowns, softly pushing you to walk away from the media. You two walk into the Mercedes garage and into the motorhome of Lewis where he can cool down a bit more. 

"What's going on with you?" you frown, has it been that obvious? 

"Nothing" you simply reply, putting your dictaphone away in your bag that's in the corner of his room. When you turn back around, Lewis is suddenly very close to you. 

"What is wrong? I'm not going to ask again, Y/N" you swallow hard at his demanding tone. You sigh, before you can stop yourself, you just blurt it out.

"I'm in love with you" Lewis' eyes widen slightly, while one of his eyebrows raises as well. He sighs heavily, looking down and then back up at you. 

"I told you not to fall in love with me" your eyes widen. He was serious about that? You open your mouth to reply, but he cuts you off.

"I can't give you what other guys can, Y/N. I can't give you a steady relationship, I can't give you a steady life" 

"I'm not asking for that, Lewis" it's your turn to cut him off. He looks up at you, a doubting look in his eyes. 

"All I'm asking for, is for you to love me back. You're forgetting I'm in this world as well" you mumble, waiting for him to do something. When he doesn't, you sigh, walking away from him. Right before you want to open the door, a hand clasps around your arm, pulling you back. Without a warning, Lewis' lips are on yours, moving slowly. His arms move to wrap around your waist, pulling you even closer to him. Your arms wrap around his neck, kissing him back.

"I love you too" Lewis mumbles before kissing you again.