Chapter 14: Boom-Boom

"A double whipped chocolate and mint milkshake with Ande's mints and gummi bears — quite the interesting combination if I do say so myself — for the ravishing Lady Bella."

"My gratitude is yours, Lord Enoch. And, if I must ask, what will you be dining on this fine evening?"

"Why, only the best of the best! A strawberry milkshake with just a hint of the freshly chopped fruit!"

"A bold choice, my Lord. Who would have thought to combine fresh strawberries with their attempted double; artificial strawberries? Not I, I say."

"A bold choice, indeed, but I will not falter! Bravery is my best asset besides being ravishingly handsome," Enoch flicked his hair in what I think was supposed to be majestic.

I sipped my milkshake with a snort as Enoch put on a dramatic face. We were sitting on the porch watching the sunset and pretending to be nobles. What a way to end the weekend, right?

"Oh, bravery indeed, Lord Enoch. I just have major disbeliefs on the topic of your so called, 'ravishing handsomeness'."

"You doubt my style? Why, Lady Bella, I've never heard nor seen such a drastic accusation. My heart has the pain of knives stabbing into my chest."

It took all of my strength to hold in the laughter that wished to come out. I swallowed the giggle in my mouth and spoke again.

"Perhaps you would like proof for my accusation? Have you ever noticed that your chin tilts slightly to the left? Or perhaps you've seen that your forehead contains a slight dent where, if I place my finger on it," I leaned over the table to shove my finger on his head, "your nose twitches?"

As said, his nose slightly twitched, but he seemed to try to stop it.

"Or, perhaps you've noticed that your left iris contains a lighter shade of emerald green than... Your.... Right... Iris..?" My concentration was temporarily paralyzed as his stare caught my own. Butterflies danced in my stomach as his lips graced a smile and I found myself returning the gesture.

We stared at each other for who knows how long before the door swung open, tearing apart our little bubble.

When I snapped my head away to hide my blush, I noticed Thomas carrying Stephanie at arm's distance. He ran her to me and placed her on my lap, muttering about how it wasn't his job.

I confusedly watched him retreat before the stench kicked into high gear. I let out a loud gag and held Steph out like Thomas had. Enoch raised an eyebrow at me before his eyes widened and his hand flew to his nose, plugging the scent from entering his nostrils.

I screeched as I bolted into the house and toward her bedroom at lightning speed. Placing her on her changing table, I whipped out a diaper and an entire box of wet wipes. I also grabbed baby powder, because heaven knows she'd need it.

I tied one of my hair ties on my nose to plug it and removed Steph's soiled onesie, immediately regretting not putting on gloves.

"What do you need, doctor?" Enoch asked, saving my hands by giving me disposable gloves. He snapped his own pair over his hands and looked at me, a clothespin on his nose.

I smiled and handed him the onesie, earning a look of disgust in return.

"Soiled and in definite need of a wash, nurse. I can manage while you run it to the emergency clothes chute."

"Copy that, doc." He jogged to the chute labeled "emergency wash" and dropped the item in the box. I turned to Stephanie as she went to put her foot in her mouth and stopped the action, earning a gasp before the cry.