Chapter 15: Snow

"PUTTING MY DEFENSES UP! 'CAUSE I CAN NEVER FALL IN LOVE! IF I EVER DID THAT, I THINK I'D HAVE A HEART ATTAAAAAAaaaaAaAaCK! I THINK I'D HAVE A HEART AttaaaaaAAAAAAAAAACK! I THINK I'D HAVE A HEART ATTACK!"

Banging on my bathroom door quieted my lyric belting and I lowered the scrubbing brush/microphone from my face.

"Would you shut up?! Steph's sleeping for Pete's sake and I have a headache!" Enoch's voice rang through the now peaceful bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. "Who stepped on your dinner?"

I could almost hear the eye roll from him. "Just be quiet!"

"Fine, Snappy. You're acting like a whiny toddler if you ask me. Music is a magical thing that fills the soul and provides a blanket of—"

"Why? Why me? Why do I have to live with this?" Enoch's voice faded as he left. I rolled my eyes again and finished rinsing off.

Sliding the shower curtain to the side, I grabbed a towel and dried my body before wrapping my hair into it. I slid another towel around myself before unlocking the bathroom door and stepping out into my room.

Just before I dropped my towel to put on clothes, Thomas's voice filled my ears and I quickly raced to close my bedroom door.

"Wait, Isabella. Do you know where—"

"Nope! Don't come in!" I slammed the door and locked it. That was a close one. I turned and my eyes located a figure on my bed.

Screaming, I ran into my closet and slammed the door, forgetting to turn on the light.

"Enoch! Get out of my room!" I called out.

No response.

"Son of a–"

"What?"

"Get out, you pig!" I grabbed the first items I could locate and shrugged on the leggings and T-shirt. I exited the closet to find that Enoch hadn't moved an inch.

"Enoch! Get out! You have your own room!"

He groaned and snuggled deeper into the mattress. "But your bed is so much comfier than mine!"

"First off, comfier isn't a word; second, I don't care!"

"Euuuuggghhrhrhrhrgh," his deflating balloon groan enveloped the quiet environment.

"Stop torturing Enoch!" Thomas yelled from down the hall. I rolled my eyes and yanked my pajamas from underneath Enoch's legs.

"You better be gone by the time I come out," I muttered and stepped into my closet, this time turning on the light. I quickly changed and left the space, placing the leggings and T-shirt on the chair that all the clothes I'm too lazy to put away go on. I turned to a sleeping Enoch, STILL on my beloved bed. He even put the covers over himself. How wonderful.

"You little fart," I grumbled as I mulled over what to do. My eyes drooped and I checked the time. 1:27am. Why the heck am I still up? I have a boatload of orders tomorrow!

I glanced again at Sleeping Beauty and sighed. He's pretty much immovable at this point.

Crawling beside him, I pulled the covers he was hogging over my body. I snuggled into my second favorite pillow – Enoch was laying on my favorite – and flicked the light in the room off.

Sleep found me quickly.

~•~•~•~

I curled up to find some warmth but could not locate any. My eyes snapped open in annoyance and I felt around in the dark for my blankets.