Chapter Three - Cooking Class

A/N: Updates at the end of the chapter. :)

---

The weekend went by pretty quick, Jacob left me alone and I'd spent most of the time at home, studying for upcoming finals. It was actually kind of fun, I had Trisha and Evan round so we could study together as we had some of the same subjects.

It was now Monday morning, I had got up late so was now rushing to school having missed my ride from Trisha. I walked as fast as I could, knowing I'd still be late for first class, Biology with Mr Spark.

***

I took a deep breath before I quietly opened the classroom door, hoping I could slip into my chair without being noticed. I got to my seat successfully, as Mr Spark was facing the interactive whiteboard, until he said, without turning to face me "Late again, Lola? This is becoming a bad habit of yours." I cringed, not bothering to put my bag down quietly. I leant back in my seat and tried to catch up with the 10 minutes I'd lost, not that it'd be any use, I was terrible at Biology.

Evan looked back at me, shaking his head and smirking jokingly. I frowned at him, not happy that he found my late entrance funny. I kicked the back of his chair, causing him to jolt forwards slightly. I let out a small giggle, quickly stopping as Mr Spark turned to glare at me "Late and disruptive. I'll be seeing you after class." He demanded before handing out a worksheet. I sighed heavily, slumping down in my seat.

***

The lesson went by pretty quickly, but this lecture was going to seem far from it. I sighed, picking my bag up from the floor and stuffing in my stationary and notepad. I waited at Mr Spark's desk, watching as he stood at the door, handing out another sheet for homework, as usual. I tapped my foot on the floor, noticing he was taking longer than usual, probably just to annoy me.

Once he'd finished, he walked over to me, placing the spare sheets neatly on his desk. "So, Lola. Why were you late?" He questioned as he sat down in his desk chair, looking up at me.

I shrugged "I don't know, sir. I guess I slept in." I looked down at my feet, smirking slightly.

"That's not good enough, Lola. You were not only late, but disrupting other students. And if you think this is funny, I'd be happy to give you a detention after school, because I'm sure you wouldn't be laughing then, would you?"

I jerked my head up, scowling at him slightly as I saw the small smirk on his face. "I don't find it funny, sir." I emphasised how I said 'funny'. I turned to walk out the door.

"I'll see you after school, Lola." I could hear the amusement in his voice before I slammed his door shut behind me, letting out a heavy sigh. Luckily, I had a study period now. That meant I could go into the library, sit in the corner with my music and read.

***

I looked up as I saw Trisha walking towards me, I slight frown on her face. I took out my earphones, leaning back in my chair.

"You will not believe it." She groaned  as she took the seat opposite me.

"What, what's wrong?" I tilted my head slightly.

"Well, you know Jacob took that cooking course last year?" I nodded slowly "He's coming to help out in Home Economics tomorrow." She sighed, dropping her bag onto the floor.

"W-we have home economics tomorrow.." I felt my throat closing slightly, my mind flashing back to Friday night's events after the party.

***

I broke out of my gaze when I felt a firm hand on my shoulder, my head turning to see Evan's face. Only he knew what happened on Friday, other than Jacob. We didn't want to tell Trisha, as she was Jacob's sister. "What?" I frowned up at him, mirroring the frown coming from him.