Chapter Six - A Long Way From Home

So guys, here is Chapter Six! Hope you like it. I know, I know, you guys were expecting at least a two week wait but I was just in the mood to write.

***

I woke up, my mouth dry and my eyes sore. My eyes adjusted to the dim lighting in the room, even the smallest lights making my eyes sore. I blinked hard, trying to move my hands to my face to rub my eyes, but for some reason, couldn't. I groaned as I felt a cold metal dig into my wrist. I glanced up at my wrist, my lips parting slightly as I saw a round metal ring around my wrists, each chained to the wall. I was slumped against a cold brick wall, a door in front of me which I could see a light seep through the bottom.

Suddenly the door opened, hitting the wall, making me flinch and shuffle back so I was sitting straight against the wall. Two tall figures entered the small room, walking up to me. I could now make out my surroundings thanks to the bright lighting coming from the doorway.

"Looks like your Princess is awake, sir." A voice spoke, which I recognised as the man who'd kidnapped me.

I raised my eyebrows as I heard a deep chuckle come from the others lips, instantly recognising it as Jacob. I brought my knees up to my chest, closing my eyes tight and resting my forehead between my knees, willing for this to be a bad dream.

I felt two fingers underneath my chin, gently lifting my head up to look at the man before me, Jacob.

"Don't be scared, Lola. You're safe here." He spoke softly, but I could hear a tone of amusement in his voice, making me pull away from his loose grip.

My slight action won a scowl from him, which made me very unsure of his previous words, but I chose not to show any sort of emotion while in front of him. The other man, who I presumed was Jacob's guard, had walked out as Jacob stood in front of me. The door closed behind the guard and the light brightened and flickered above us. I glanced up, now able to see Jacob properly. He was glaring down at me, although there was a smirk on his face which scared me.

"Where am I?" I asked him, my voice stuttering slightly even though I tried to sound confident.

"A long way from home." He replied before chuckling and turning his back to me.

***

Evan's POV

***

There were trees all around me when I woke up. I was laying on my back, looking up at the trees when I felt a dull ache in my arm and my eyes heavy as if I'd been asleep forever. I slowly sat up, my head pounding. I knew something was wrong, something had happened but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was like someone had been taken away from me, but who? I felt an ache in my heart as I tried to think and I knew someone close to me was missing. I eventually stood up, trying to make out my surroundings but I couldn't. All I could see was trees. I started walking in no general direction, I just needed to get out of this forest and try and remember how I got here and what happened.

I finally reached the edge of the forest of what seemed like hours of walking. I looked at my surroundings and realised I was five minutes away from my house.

I reached my front door and dug my hand in my pocket to pull out my keys, my phone also being brought out when I retrieved my keys. I caught my phone before it fell and noticed I have a voicemail.

I pressed play as I stepped into the house, holding my phone to my ear as I shut the front door behind me.

"W-where are we going?" I heard a mumbled female voice stutter.

"A long way from home. Don't worry, you'll be safe." A confident male voice replied. "Just do as he says and every thing will be okay."

I pulled the phone away from my ear, confused as I recognised the female voice. Then it hit me.

Lola.

***

Did you like? I can't believe I've hit almost 60 reads on this. Thank you guys. <3333