Chapter Eleven - Phone Calls

We're almost at 150 reads like ??? This is gonna be half Evan's POV and half Jacob's POV. •v•

---

Evan's POV

***

It had been around five days since we'd been interviewed, and I'd heard nothing and neither had Trisha, apart from that they were able to track where Lola's phone was when she called me, other than that, they couldn't tell us where she was because they simply didn't know. Trisha still couldn't believe that Jacob would do something like this, but she was going to help me get her best friend back, hopefully safely.

I sighed, picking at the grass in the spot that myself and Lola sat on our one year anniversary date. I was a little startled when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, quickly pulling it out and seeing Trisha's name. Obviously, I answered it.

"Any news?" I asked quickly.

"No, but I can't just sit here and do nothing about it. We need to try and find her." She said quietly. "Where are you, I'll come and get you."

"I'm at the park but I'll start walking to your house."

I started walking up the hill towards Trisha's house, passing a group of girls who I recognised from some of Lola's classes in school.

"Evan, where's Lola? She hasn't been in school for a few days." One of them asked as they walked over to me.

All I could do was shrug, not wanting to say that she'd been kidnapped as I didn't want the whole school knowing. I carried on walking, ignoring their other questions.

Around ten minutes later, Trisha pulled up next to me and I quickly climbed into the passenger seat, letting out a sigh as I sat down.

Neither of us said anything, only glancing over at each other before Trisha started driving again.

***

We made our way to the highway, which took around half an hour.

"I can't believe he'd do this." Trisha mumbled, her grip on the steering wheel tightening slightly.

I looked over at her "It doesn't matter about that. We just need to know that it's him so we can get Lola back. We can worry about Jacob after." I said, wanting to add 'After I've beat him into the ground.', but I stopped myself, considering he was Trisha's brother.

"I guess you're right. I knew something was wrong after he spoke to her on the phone. He had a smug look on his face all night."

My eyes widened a little at the mention of the word 'phone'. "Trisha, you could call Jacob!" I said, looking over at her, smiling slightly about my ear. "You're probably the only one he can trust, right?"

She glanced over at me and nodded. She drove a few more miles down the road until we reached a service station, parking in the car park. She pulled her phone out her pocket and looked over at me.

"Could you carry on driving? I just don't want to lose time on finding Lola." She asked and I nodded.

We swapped seats and I started to drive as she called Jacob.

***

Jacob's POV

***

I was sat on the couch, Lola at the other end. I glanced over at her, she was reading. Again. I quickly looked down at my phone as I heard it vibrate against the couch. I looked at the screen, smiling a little as I saw Trisha's name.

"I'll be back in a minute." I said to Lola before I stood up and walked out the room, nodding at both Mason and Travis who were stood just outside.

I picked up the call. "Hey Lil' sis. How've you been?" I asked, trying to sound normal.

"Good." She said simply. I leaned against the wall in the hallway as she carried on speaking. "Where've you been? It feels like I haven't seen you for ages."

I stayed quiet for a moment, looking down at my feet. "Didn't I tell you? I got a house a few months ago."

"Can I come over?" I heard her say, which made me panic slightly.

"U-um, it's a mess right now." I stuttered, knowing that was no where near a good enough excuse.

"I don't mind. Where is it?"

I sighed, knowing she wouldn't give up until I let her come over. I told her the address. "It'll take you about an hour and a half to get here from home, alright?"

She read my address back to me, making sure she got it correct. When she got towards the end, I heard a deep voice shout 'Shit.' From Trisha's end of the line, then what sounded like a car swerving and then braking hard.

"Trisha, are you alright? Trisha? Where are you?" I yelled through the phone, pushing myself off the wall, holding my hand in my hair.

---

hhhHHhhHHH What even just happened? I don't.

But yeah, I'll get another chapter up on Friday before I get on the plane, which means I'll probably write it on the way to the airport and at the airport before we board the plane. Then maybe I'll write a few chapters on the plane. •0•

Hope you guys enjoyed,

-Jasmine