Chapter Ten - Broken Promises

Hey hey! I think I'm doing pretty good with uploading, right? Main authors notes will be at the end. c:

---

I had to get out. I knew that from the start, but now was probably my only chance to escape. How was I going to escape? I was wearing hair-grips today and I don't think Jacob realised. I know my bedroom door had been locked, meaning Mason wasn't here anymore.

I walked over to my bedroom door, the hair grips in my hand. I had to do this quickly and quietly, and in fact, I had no idea what I was doing. I'd seen Evan doing it when we got locked out of his house, but that was all. I'd changed my clothes so if Jacob finds out I've gone and comes looking for me, he hopefully won't recognise me and I'll finally be free.

I took a deep breath as I slid the first hairpin in the lock, then the other just below it. Hopefully I'd get this right first time, if I just lift this one and spin the other. I hear the lock click open, a smile instantly forming on my lips. I slowly pulled the door open, relief flooding through me as I saw Jacob's door closed. Holding the hairpins in my hand, I quickly made my way down stairs, often glancing behind me to make sure no-one was following me.

I got to the front door after what seemed like five minutes in this maze of a house, sighing as I figured that the front door would be locked. I repeated the same actions at this door as I did on the other, again successfully picking the lock. I quickly opened the door and started running, not knowing where I was going as I was, of course, a long way from home. I stopped at the end of the street, trying to figure out my surroundings, my breathing heavy from the sprinting I'd just done to get away from that hellhole.

***

Jacob's POV

***

I heard the floorboards creaking downstairs, suddenly becoming worried that either Lola had escaped or that someone was here to help her escape. I climbed out of bed and walked out of my bedroom, walking towards the stairs. I glanced up at Lola's bedroom door, having to double take as I noticed it was open.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath, running down the stairs.

I managed to see the back of her just as she ran out the front door. How the hell did she manage to break through two locks?! I quickly pulled on a pair of shoes before running after her, making my steps and breathing as quiet as I could. I tried to ignore the chill of the night, wearing only a pair of sweatpants and no shirt.

I let out a quiet sigh of relief as I saw her stop at the end of the street, now only walking up to her, my steps seeming silent.

***

Lola's POV

***

"Nice try, sweetheart." I heard a voice whisper in my ear, the males voice angry and low. I instantly knew who it was, my lips parting and my eyes widening slightly.

I felt a strong arm around my waist and let out a loud scream, trying to fight and push away Jacob's arm. I felt tears rolling down my face but ignored them, trying to focus on getting away.

"Stop fighting, Lola. You're not going anywhere." He snarled, pulling me close to him, his arms holding me still.

I looked up at him, my breathing heavy "Just let me go, please." I said quietly, reaching up and wiping my cheeks dry with the sleeve of the sweatshirt I was wearing.

"I would've, maybe. But you ran away, Lola. I can't have that, can I?" He whispered, brushing my hair away from my face. I looked away from him as a cold shiver ran across my body due to his touch, making me squirm. I tried to pull away as I noticed he had no shirt on, only to be pulled back to his body, hard. "You're not going anywhere Lola, not yet." He snarled, his voice angry again.