Chapter 6: Stage two

Due to my uninterested approach to training the initiates physically, the next few days of stage one went by quickly. Four taught how to fight, throw knives, and shoot guns, while I watched the transfers. I didnt usually do anything unless I was asked to help give an example of a throwing technique or something. I kind of just wanted to move on to stage two, physical fighting was never my biggest strength. The results at the end of that stage were not surprising:

1: Dalton

2: Jacob

3: Mya

4: Linda

5: Sage

6: John

7: Luke

8: Andrew

9: Jenna

10: Jodie

I get dressed quickly and follow my usual schedule, shower, put my hair in a ponytail, and go to the training room to begin the day. Tobias tells me to meet him there. I can hear Eric's voice echo through the stone hallways as I walk. He's talking to someone. Tobias.

"What about it?" I hear Tobias say.

"Max has results." Eric replies

"Tell me now, I can tell her."

"Just wait for your girlfriend." Eric remarks.

"Fiance." Tobias corrects. I turn the corner and lock eyes with Eric, who raises an eyebrow. He carelessly tosses a document into Tobias's hands and walks off, leaving just us. Tobias stares at me, eyebrows arched.

"Its the evaluation." He says.

"From Eric?"

"Yeah. Here." He hands it to me to read. I dont really want to read it honestly. Knowing Eric, we've already failed. I press my lips into a line and unfold the document.

EVALUATION FORM 234:

INSTRUCTOR: Four

RANK OUT OF 10: 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EVALUATION FORM 235:

INSTRUCTOR: Tris

RANK OUT OF 10: 5

IF RANK FALLS LOWER THAN 6, PARTICIPANT MUST BE REMOVED FROM DAUNTLESS HEADQUARTERS IMMEDIATELY.

MAX

My jaw falls loose and my eyes shift up to Tobias. He swallows sharply and grabs the paper from my hand. I slide down the wall and hold my head in my hands, my fingers knotted in my hair. Tobias's expression tightens more and more by the second. When he's read the entire thing, he grabs my hand firmly and pulls me to Max's office.

"Eric lied. Max wouldn't do that." I say

Once inside, Max turns around to face us.

"Yes?" He asks. His hands are folded on his desk.

Tobias tosses Max the form. Max skims over the text, and looks up at us again.

"You are being asked to leave the area. Now." He says boldly.

"I will not be thrown out of my own faction by a jealous idiot!" Tobias yells, referring to Eric. He lunges across Max's desk. Max effectively throws Tobias off of him and security grabs him by the arms. A man in black clasps my shoulder and directs us down the stairs, into the pit. Humiliating.

"Go." The guard pushes us out the pit door, releasing us. Not wanting to cause a scene, we obey orders. At least we're together. Together we're okay. As we leave, with everybody watching, I turn my head and see an evil face, wearing an evil smile. Eric sits at a table, his body shakes with laughter. He's finally won.

I know that was a really short chapter, but it's 2am and I'm tired, but I felt bad for waiting two weeks before updating. Enjoy Eric's idiocy. And thank you for like 3k reads :D that's 2k in one chapter!