Chapter 7: Rejected

Tobias's long fingers wrap around my body as we walk in the frigid air. I walk along the railroad tracks, his arm around my waist. We're waiting for the train, to take us to the factionless sector. My nose freezes together when I breathe and when I do, I can see my breath in front of me. Tobias coughs often, he's probably already sick though we've just been walking for over an hour. In the hour, neither of us has spoken. I don't think he's still mad at Eric, well of course he is, but he's not quite as tense. 

One foot swings in front of the other as I attempt to balance on the icy rail. Tobias's sturdy arm helps keep me from falling. I feel a heavy vibration in the metal below me, the train. Without having to be told, we begin running side by side along the tracks as the train catches up. Tobias swings his legs up onto the train car, and pulls me inside, a routine by now. Turning around, I see that we're not alone. Several of the factionless stand in the corner.

"This car is occupied. You and you're girlfriend are either going to get out, or you will be pushed." A tall man with broad shoulders threatens.

"And what makes you think that we're willing to leave?" Tobias asks. He crosses his arms and strides closer to the slightly shorter man.

"It's not a choice." Another factionless male growls. I'm pretty sick of being kicked out of everywhere I go, to be honest.

"Look, we don't want trouble. We're cold, and tired. Can we ride?" I ask, attempting peace, my first mistake.

"Why would we let a couple o' Dauntless ride with us?" The tall factionless man says.

"We're.. not Dauntless anymore." I say, not wanting to accept the fact that we're factionless.

"Yeah right. So what will it be, rather be pushed?" He says. I shift my eyes up to Tobias who shakes his head slightly as me. Not worth it. 

"Come on Tris." He nods toward the door. We're outnumbered by twelve, or else he would have beat the crap out of that man.

I jump out of the train. When my foot touches the ice, a wave of thick pain races through me, and I crouch down. My foot is frozen cold, and most likely bruised or sprained. The searing heat of pain flashes over and over again from my ankle to my knee. Tobias grabs me by the arm and pulls me up to face him. He looks less concerned than angry. I'm surprised he's been able to hold in his anger towards Eric and the factionless.

"Okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I breathe. I groan softly, attempting to hide my pain. 

"No you're not, Tris. Don't lie to me." He says, and he's right. I cant stand up without my eyes tearing up. He fits one arm under my knee and the other, on my back. I can see the ink curling up his neck as he carries me, and I lean into his chest. His breaths are short and soft. Eventually I fall asleep in his arms.

Okay, so I've got this friend named DauntlessBella (She's a Wattpad member). Bella honestly has one of the most well written fan fictions I've read on Wattpad. She's also writing a book called The Blessings of a Curse, which is REALLY good so far. Check them out because they are amazin :D Thank you Bella for always supporting me and being one of my BEST friends.