Four: "Hey, Daffodil."

Louis finally arrived home later that evening, thanks to the help of Harry. He walked into the entrance of his house and toed off his shoes. All the lights were off, which meant his mum was probably sleeping.

The little boy watched his feet as he was walked up the stairs and headed towards his mother's room. Once he saw that she was in fact awake, he ran and jumped onto her bed.

"Mummy!" The little boy smiled with content as he cuddled up with her on the queen sized bed.

"Hey, Bub." Johannah smiled at her little ray of sunshine, "How was your first day at the new school?"

The small boy gasped in excitement, "Mummy, I made so many new friends!"

"That's great, Hun!" She smiled. "By the way, there's some left over pasta in the fridge if you want it."

"Thank you, mummy and sorry you had to eat without me." The little boy frowned slightly because the thought of his mom being alone was upsetting.

"It's okay, Sweetheart. You didn't know the car was going to break down." She gave him a reassuring smile. "And I'm just glad you made some new friends."

"Yeah, thanks to Harry, we were finally able to get home." Louis' cheeks slightly turned red from the mention of the green eyed boy.

Johannah smirked, "Does someone have a little crush?"

Johannah already knows of Louis being gay and is very accepting of it. It all happened one night when Louis came crying into her room asking if it's normal to like boys because someone had made fun of him at school and called him the f-word. He was only 12, and someone had already managed to break his little heart. That's when she knew that she would protect her baby at all costs.

The small boy squealed, "Mummy, no! I just met him today."

"Okay, Honey Bun. I believe you, totally."

"Okie fine, maybe I have a teensy weensy crush on him." Louis held up his thumb and pointer finger, showing how much he meant, "But only like this much, I swear."

"Oh I have an idea! Why don't you invite this Harry boy over for dinner as a thank you for helping you get home safely?"

"I'll ask him tomorrow at school." The boy gasped, "oh my, this is going to be so much fun!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Johannah clapped her hands together. "But now it's time for good little boys to go to sleep."

Louis looked up to his mum with his famous doe eyes, "Mummy, can I pretty please with a cherry on top and some sprinkles sleep with you?"

"Of course you can." She gave Louis a fond smile.

After Louis quickly went to his room to change into his pyjamas, they both snuggled up into the bed and slowly fell into a deep sleep.

///

Earlier the next morning, Louis was in the best mood and nothing could bring him down. It was the day and he was going to invite Harry over for dinner. Yes, he was lightly nervous and yes, he was probably going to stutter, but who cares?

Louis dressed in a lilac sweater, that was much too big for his petite body and and white jeans that clung to his firm thighs nicely. Also, his flower crown today consisted of just simple daffodils.

He quickly went downstairs, gave his mother a kiss on the cheek and grabbed a banana to snack on while walking to school.

Once he was out the door, he started to think - what if Harry doesn't like him? Or what if he is creeped out by his offer since they just met? The boy rid himself of those thoughts as he arrived on school property.

The sweater clad boy was walking to his locker to get his books and immediately saw Niall and Liam. A small grin made its way onto his face as he skipped over to them.

"Hi, Niall. Hi, Liam!" The little boy said with excitement.

The faux blonde chuckled, "Hey, Sprout."

Louis pouted at the nickname but quickly forgot about it when he thought of his plan for the day. "You guys, guess what?!"

"Chicken butt." Liam blurted out.

Louis giggled while Niall gave him a look of 'what the fuck dude?'. "Nooooooo. I'm inviting Harry over for dinner tonight."

Liam and Niall both looked at each other with a smirk. "Looks like our little Louis is all grown up!", Niall sighed dramatically.

The little boy gave a scoff, "It's just to say thank you for helping us get home."

"Mhmmm, sure it is." Liam hummed.

"Anyways I don't have time to argue with you two, I have to get to class now." Louis' sassy side slightly showing.

///

After his first two periods were over, it was finally lunch time. Now was his moment to ask Harry about dinner. He spotted the curly haired boy at his usual spot, but this time he was talking to another boy who looked like he was in the taller boy's grade.

Louis cautiously walked over to them - still being hesitant on talking to new people. "Um h-hi, Harry."

Once Harry heard the angelic voice that could only belong to Louis, his immediately turned all his attention onto the petite boy. He casually let his eyes roam the younger's body and stopped once he reached his flower crown.

"Hey, Daffodil.", Harry smirked at the stuttering boy.

"Oh, I have a fun fact about daffodils!" His stuttering going away for the time being. "Ancient Romans believed that the sap of the flower possessed healing properties."

A scoff was heard after. "No one wants to hear about your stupid flowers, fairy boy. Why don't you run along?" The other boy at the table said.

A deep pout settled on to the sensitive boy's lips. Before the small boy could say something sassy in return, Harry's chair scrapped against the ground as he stood and grabbed the other male by the shirt. He was angry, how could anyone be rude to someone so innocent? In a matter of seconds, Harry leaned in to whisper something into his ear which caused his eyes to go wide and quickly scrambled out of Harry's hold and the cafeteria.

Once Harry turned back around to Louis, all he could see was the boy staring wide-eyed at him. "Is there something you wanted?"

"O-oh, I u-um was wond-dering if you wanted t-to come over for dinner." The little boy rushed the last part out.

"Calm down, love." The taller boy put a hand on Louis' shoulder. "I would love to come over for dinner, just give me your number so you can text me the details."

The small boy squealed in excitement and quickly gave his number to Harry. He couldn't help the slight blush that appeared on his cheeks as he shakily handed back Harry's phone - that in fact was very big.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later. Bye, Daffodil."

And if Harry was suppose to go to a party that night but chose Louis instead, no one had to know.

NOTE : hey guys, thank you for being patient with me for this chapter. I've been busy with summer school, which is done in two days, so I'll update more frequently.

Shoutout to jasmine for creating our new bootyful cover!! She's so talented

~ Abi