Six: "Boys can't be pretty."

"Oh, Harry! You didn't have to." Jay takes the gardenias from Harry's hands. "You're too sweet."

"You're welcome, Ms. Tomlinson." Harry nods his head, toeing off his shoes.

"Call me Jay." She disappears through the kitchen doorway before poking her head out. "Dinner will be ready soon. Louis, you can show Harry around, hm?"

"O-Okay." Louis almost reaches for Harry's hand but his mother's voice makes him jump.

"Wait, let me take those daffodils, they need some water." Jay takes the bouquet from her sons hands and disappears into the kitchen again.

Harry stares down at the smaller boy and can practically see the gears turning in his head. "Do you want to hold my hand?"

Louis' eyes widen and he stutters helplessly. "I-um, y-uh," he puffs out a breath and looks up at Harry through his lashes, "y-yes, please."

And so, Harry holds out his right hand and bows down. "May I aid you in going up the stairs, Prince of daffodils?"

The smaller boy giggles and it honestly sounds like heaven, Harry isn't sure if he died and is there right now.

Louis places his hand in Harry's and grins before speaking in a posh accent, "why yes, Prince of lavender, you may."

"Lavender?"

Louis skips up the stairs, while dragging Harry behind him. "Yes, I thought you smelt like lavender when I met you." The blue-eyed boy turns around and points to one door, "that's my room." And then he pushes the door open and walks in.

"Nice, nice." Harry nods at the various fairy lights hanging from the bed frame and by one of the windows, Louis' room has purple walls and is it bit smaller than his at home.

There are two large windows, taking up one wall and a desk between them, there is a laptop on the top and as expected, a flower pot of pink orchids sitting on one of the windowsills. Louis' bed sheets are white, with tiny little embroidered flowers on the corners, he also has a few stuffed animals by his pillows. Above his bed and illuminated by the fairy lights, are Polaroid pictures, most of nature and some of Jay and him.

Harry squints up at one picture and almost cooes. "Louis, you look so.. small and soft."

"What?" The boy jumps onto his bed and looks at the same picture, it's of him on his last birthday, with a pretty flower-crown of light pink peonies sitting atop his head. His eyes are closed and his grin wide, as he holds up a large bouquet of roses. "That was for my last birthday, I was turning sixteen."

"Hm," Harry nods, he takes down the picture and smiles. "Do you know what an aster is?"

"It's a flower," Louis hops off his bed and runs to the bookshelf in the corner. He stands there for a moment before reaching out, then jumping. "Can you.."

"Oh, sure." Harry walks towards the smaller boy with the picture still in his hand.

He doesn't need to stretch out that much when getting the book that Louis was pointing at, he grabs it with ease and hands it to Louis. He flips through it for a few seconds before saying, "'An aster symbolizes elegance, patience and daintiness'." He follows the words with the tip of his finger, "'It can also represent a love of variety'."

"You're dainty," Harry says without thinking. "And elegant like an aster."

"I thought I was a daffodil." The boy giggles. "But Harry," Louis purses his lips to hide his smile, "I didn't know you could be so sweet after the first time we met in the cafeteria."

The taller teen wrinkles his nose, "sorry about that."

"It's fine," Louis shrugs, "your prettiness makes up for it."

That has Harry laughing loudly and throwing his head back, "I guess you aren't that shy anymore. Oh my god, I'm not pretty."

"Yes, you are." Louis says.

"I'm a boy." Harry places the picture in the crook between the pages and shuts the book before looking in Louis' bright blues. "Boys can't be pretty." He puts the book back on the shelf.

"How stereotypical of you. Yet you think I'm pretty," Louis states with a quirk of his brows. "And I'm a boy too."

Harry doesn't say anything, he doesn't know what to say.

Louis was definitely pretty, that was a fact. With his sparkly blue eyes, tiny little nose and pink lips, Louis was the prettiest boy in the world. But Harry, he knew he couldn't be pretty, he just wasn't one of those pretty boys.

"See, Harry?" Louis takes his silence as defeat. "Anyone can be pretty." He reaches out and pokes Harry's chest, "especially you, I think you're pretty. All you have to do is think the same."

NOTES: so sorry for the lack of updates !! Exams are starting and Abigail and I have much to do !! We hope we can update after that :^) - jasmine
Ps I wrote this in less than an hour — have mercy