A mission

TWO MONTHS EARLIER

"Sakura, Hokage sama wishes to see you." Shizune told Tsunade's second apprentice.

"Huh, I wonder why?" Sakura pondered.

"Its about a mission." Shizune shrugged.

Sakura nodded and left to meet her teacher.

When she arrived at the hokage's office she saw that team 8,9 and 10 along with their senseis were there. She saw her own teammates (Sasuke and Sai) and sensei as well.

"Now that Sakura is here. I'll explain the mission to you."

Everyone stood at attention.

"You all know that over the past ten years the condition of the village is steadily deteriorating. We have lost all our allies including Sand village, Spring, Wave, Tea and Moon countries... And we all know that this is because of our own mistake."

Many of them lowered their heads remembering about how they disregarded Konoha's sunshine. Everything came crashing down when he was gone.

Naruto was banished as soon as news spread that Sasuke was in coma. Sasuke woke up a week after Naruto's banishment. They only understood the depth of what they had done once Inoichi had run a metal check up on Sasuke to make sure he was sane and had seen the memories of his fight with Naruto.

Inoichi was quick to explain everything to Tsunade who had been horrified that Naruto had came so close to dying, yet he held back so as not to harm Sasuke. and the thanks he get was banishment.

But no matter how much she tried the council kept her from revoking the banishment. All of their ally countries and villages were thankful to the Uzumaki in many ways and once news spread of his banishment, their relationship with Konoha became strained.

many of the rookies also felt guilty except a select few.

Jiraya had spent all his resources trying to locate Naruto and failed.

Two years later when the hidden village of Demons were established, all of Konoha's allies cut their ties and instead became allies with the village. The council was furious at the loss of their allies and had ordered to attack Demon village which Tsunade was able to put a stop to, or else they would've been slaughtered.

The ninjas of demon village was more efficient as well as more compassionate. to all their surprise, demon village never attacked any other village, instead established a peace treaty with every village except Konoha.

Demon village was known for many things, their advanced technology, sealing techniques, kenjutsu and the main fact that they were a peaceful village in and out. They were powerful but compassionate. they became quite popular among small non shinobi villages and as well as shinobi villages. They had even attempted peace talks with Konoha, but sadly that ended in a disaster because of the council. it was only luck that the village didn't declare war on Konoha for such disrespect, but as it is their kage is a very benevolent and peaceful man.

"Sound village has declared war on us... And we have no allies."

The rookies gasped.

"That is why I am giving you this mission. Me and the council has come to a decision that all our problems was caused by the banishment of Uzumaki Naruto. So your mission is to retrieve him."

Again they all gasped, then became happy.

"With Naruto back in the village, we can get back our allies and have the power of the kyubi by our side." Tsunade said.

"We will bring the baka back Tsunade sama, you can count on us." Sakura said with a determined grin.