The Next Move

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the ocs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Necessary Evil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsunade walked into the council chambers lost in thought. The fools in the council had suddenly decided for a meeting and requested her immediate presence. From experience, Tsunade knew that they just wanted her there to sign on whatever decision they already had reached. Being Hokage was just another way of being the council's puppet.

She wondered when she had let them get away with so much power. Just another one of her glorious mistakes, Tsunade sighed ruefully. Tobirama and Minato were the only Hokage who could've kept the council on a leash. But both of them were long gone.

Maybe if he had some more time Minato could've brought some changes to the corrupt council. Then again, if Minato had more time a lot of things would've been different.

Tsunade entered the Council chamber without any preamble.

The first thing she notes is that Kakashi and Jiraiya are both present and the pensive frown on their faces means nothing good.

She is silent and sharp as she sits down on her seat, the lack of her usual anger only made the room tenser. Tsunade raises an eye brow at Danzo; silently asking him to speak.

Danzo steps forward and his grim expression didn't hide enough of his satisfaction.

"Tsunade Senju, you are declared unfit for the position of the Hokage."

Tsunade stood up angrily, her palms slammed down on the table with enough force that the table became a pile of splinters.

"On what ground am I unfit for my position? The council has no power over my Kage position." Tsunade glared at the smug looking council members and they trembled under her rage.

Danzo shook his head slowly, "The council has unanimously voted against you. The Anbu Commander and Third-In-Command Kakashi Hatake, as well as Second-In-Command Sannin Jiraiya, have stated that you are not fit for duty under the current situation. You yourself appointed them as your second and third-in-command to the Kage position and both of them have voted against you."

Tsunade trembled in rage as she turned her gaze towards Jiraiya and Kakashi. They didn't meet her gaze and Tsunade swallowed the venom boiling in her tongue. She wanted to lash out at them for betraying the trust she had placed in them but she couldn't say that she had expected any better of them. Vaguely she wondered whether what she felt now was even worth comparing to what Naruto must have felt all those years ago.

Danzo continues on, "The final decision was made based on the opinion of the majority."

Tsunade's eyes narrowed as she looked at the council members present, "How can that be when only half of the council is present? Where is the rest of the Shinobi council?"

Danzo smirked, "This is the Shinobi council Tsunade, at least what's left of them..."

Tsunade opens her mouth to speak but Danzo cuts her off, "By the village rules, a representative from each clan, the Anbu Commander and the Sannin are what makes the Shinobi half of the council. As you can see, the Anbu Commander as well the remaining Sannin along with the clan representatives are here."

Tsunade resists a scoff as she looks at the Shinobi half of the council, the only ones present were Jiraiya, Kakashi, that Uchiha brat, then Asuma as the Sarutobi clan head and Shizune as the Senju clan representative since Tsunade was the Hokage.