Mercy

Naruto wondered if this fight was ever going to start.

Sasuke just stood there trying to gaud Naruto with petty words that would have worked... Twelve years ago.

Naruto tilted his head to the side in a confused manner when Sasuke said, "Just because you defeated the rest of the rookies doesn't mean that you will win this fight, dobe."

Then he smirked, "I'll try not to harm you much, especially that pretty face of yours."

Naruto looked amused at the taunting, "I remember that you didn't use to be this much talkative... Must be a new skill you've acquired."

Naruto chuckled, "Personally I like it when you stay silent. Easier to ignore you that way."

Sasuke glared at the blonde.

Naruto watched Sasuke activate his Sharingan right away.

Sasuke made the first move rushing at  Naruto at jonin level speeds and engaged him in taijutsu battle.

But for some reason even with the Sharingan's ability to predict the enemy's movements, Sasuke couldn't predict Naruto. This was more humiliating due to the fact that Naruto wasn't using any fancy taijutsu styles or any style at all.

He was just dodging.

Naruto dodged a strike fluidly and watched as Sasuke moved back before he could reciprocate.

Sasuke now understood that close range with Naruto was not a wise move and followed a hit and run tactic. It was effective only because Naruto didn't seem interested in moving from where he stood.

Naruto's casual stance and the bored look were insulting but Sasuke forcefully kept calm.

Sasuke made three shadow clones and the four of them together attacked the blonde with the same tactic forcing the blonde to deal with at least two attacks at the same time and continuing the attack relentlessly. Throwing ninjutsu and taijutsu at Naruto with extreme accuracy.

Insufferable personality aside, the Uchiha was not half bad... No match for Naruto or Kyoshiro or Danzo or... yeah, no match for a lot of people but still, not bad.

Over and over Naruto dodged every one of Sasuke's and clones' attacks. Sasuke's Sharingan didn't help much and Naruto wasn't retaliating at all.

"Is that all Sasuke?"

"No," Sasuke smirked.

Naruto's lips twitched and he moved just in time that another clone welding a sword missed by a hairbreadth.

This time Naruto retaliated with a single strike that dispelled the clone.

"You thought I didn't know that you were trying to distract me?"

Sasuke smirked, "I think it worked."

Naruto shook his head amused, "No it didn't."

Naruto kicked off of the ground and Sasuke who was trying to sneak up on the blonde with the Chidori was left floundering and was rewarded by a swift kick to the side of his head courtesy of Naruto's clone.

Sasuke dodged at the last second.

Naruto had noticed right away at the beginning that Sasuke had made five clones and hid one away while another replaced him.

Naruto noticed the flickering of chakra spreading over the atmosphere and recognized it as a Sharingan genjutsu.

Useless.

Naruto landed next to his clone and simultaneously both of them shot forward and dispelled all four clones and throwing Sasuke back with a punch. Sasuke flipped mid-air and vanished.