Not Here To Stay

Naruto stood outside the council chambers of Konoha. As soon as news reached that he had returned, the council summoned him for a meeting.

As the council called for Naruto to enter, Naruto entered with his head kept high and a neutral expression, his trusted bodyguards close behind. He was disgusted seeing the many lustful and greedy looks from most of the civilian and some of the shinobi council, but he managed to keep the disgust out of his expression and voice.

"Welcome back, Naruto."

Naruto turned to look at Tsunade who had a smile on her face, seriously? She was a shinobi she should've known that he won't remain that naive fool after all they had done to him, but he supposed she also believed the lies he spewed at Sakura. How foolish of them!

His reply to the 'warm welcome' was a simple nod with a blank face. Some of the council, especially the honorable hokage was surprised by the lack of emotion he had shown; as far as they knew, he was happy to be back in Konoha, but they ignored it as him being nervous and trying to hide it.

There was a long drawn awkward pause with the council now being a little confused on what to say to the beautiful youth that looked emotionless except for the boredom he occasionally showed. It was Danzo who started,

"So Uzumaki san, now that you are back, we will integrate you back into the Konoha shinobi roster as soon as possible and you can start your training to get back into shape. You do not need to worry about your companies as the council will be taking over as the head of them and will be managing them for you."

Naruto almost rolled his eyes, how greedy can they get. But he merely lifted an eyebrow at the 'suggestion'.

"You can do that?" The mild amusement must've thrown them off, because they looked surprised. Danzo narrowed his eyes,

"Of course, now that you are a part of Konoha-"

"I am a part of Konoha? Since when?" This time his amusement was clear to even the most oblivious of them.

"Naruto, your lawyer has all the paper work completed." Tsunade said confused.

"Really now? Why did they ever make you the hokage!" Naruto shook his head disappointed, Tsunade was surprised and hurt.

"W-What are you-"

"Hokage sama," He neatly cut her off mid speech, "My lawyer only processed the papers that removed my ban on entering the fire country and the one against me owning any properties on the fire country. I believe he never processed any papers regarding the reinstatement of my Konoha citizenship or my integration back into your shinobi troops."

Tsunade was wide eyed for a moment, but then smiled; this caused Naruto to raise an eyebrow in question.

"Oh Naruto, you and your pranks." Tsunade chuckled and the whole council followed suit, thinking this a prank form the notorious prankster. Naruto could only suppress a sigh at their stupid ignorance.

Then Tsunade continued, "Your lawyer had told me that the papers for your integration back into Konoha could only be finished once you are here and had the approval of your current damiyo, which is the damiyo of the demon country. I assume you have the papers with you now, so give them to me and I'll sign them off. Your prank did catch me off guard."

Naruto's only reaction was to look at the woman like she had lost her mind. He again said,

"Why did they ever make you the hokage... I have no papers with me and I have no intention of joining Konoha."

Then he smirked at the wide eyed council,

"Naruto, the prank's over now give me the papers." Tsunade said seriously.