The Game Begins

Naruto sat in the small restaurant idly sipping his black coffee.

The restaurant was owned by a man who had been a part of the mob that had beaten Naruto when he was younger more than once. Now Naruto was sitting there enjoying watching the man fidgeting before him. News was yet to leak out about Naruto's decision at the council chamber to leave Konoha; so even now the civilians were trying their hardest to get into the blonde's favor so that he would stay in Konoha.

Naruto hummed inaudibly, the coffee was okay, but it paled in comparison to the one Kyoshiro made or even the one Akira made.

"Anything else, sir?" The young woman in a maid costume asked with a sultry smile and bend down to show more than necessary cleavage.

Naruto simply stared at the woman, a stare which unnerved her. The woman fidgeted under his gaze and his glare intensified. The woman took a step back in fright wondering if he would attack her. Add some concentrated KI to the mix and the woman ran for the hill, causing Naruto to chuckle amused.

His guards were astonished at his actions; although they perfectly understood his reasons for hating every single Konoha inhabitant, but this was the first time they or anyone in the demon country had seen this almost sadistic side of Naruto, because to them Naruto was the kind young lord who always protected them and had a solution to all their problems. They couldn't help but shake their heads in amusement as well. Being Naruto's personal bodyguards whenever Naruto left the Demon country, they were close enough to know of Naruto's past and decisions. They knew that Naruto had chosen to forget his revenge on Konoha and move on. But now, Konoha themselves tried to insert back into his life and had ignited the fire that Naruto had vanquished long ago. So now Konoha had made an enemy that is unbeatable.

Naruto stood up with a sigh, his coffee no longer interesting. He could feel an annoying presence approaching, no doubt in order to question him about his words to the council. He thought about going the other way to avoid confrontation, but then again, he had nothing else to do and was bored, so maybe it would be good entertainment.

He took some money out of his wallet and left it on the table.

"Oh, no, no, Naruto san, the coffee is on the house. After all you have returned home after so long." The manager; the very same man who enjoyed beating him when he was younger, said with a smile.

It always amazed Naruto how ignorant humans can be; especially people from Konoha. Maybe the excessive yokai during the Kyubi attack had eroded their brain capacity or something. How did they even expect him to want to stay one moment in this village that was the embodiment of the torture he endured over the years?

"You think I don't remember you?" Naruto asked quietly, making the manager panic. The manager had hoped that the boy had forgotten what he had done.

"I don't know wha-"

Naruto didn't let the stuttering man finish.

"I remember. I remember everything you did. Everything all of you did to me. Keep in mind; I hold no love for this village or anyone in this village. And I don't plan on staying in this disgusting village." Naruto's cold words were clear to everyone in the restaurant and they gaped at the boy's audacity.

How dare the demon! After all they had done to make him feel better!

The manager's smile turned into a sneer and he was about to retort very angrily when an angry and distressed Uchiha burst (literally; since he broke down the doors in his hurry) in to the restaurant.

Sasuke Uchiha was very distraught. The Akatsuki was gone. His brother was dead. His revenge was meaningless. All these years worth of hard work (hard work to him that is. After all, all he ever did was copy what he thought was necessary with his cursed eyes) wasted. Now he won't even get his brother's eyes; which he needed to be able to use the eternal mangekyo sharingan; all because of the dobe. Well it was not exactly the blonde's fault, even Sasuke knew that. But Sasuke was angry and he needed to vent and Naruto just happened to be available.