What Are You Hiding

Its 1:17 am

Im so hyper

I need some food

And im writing a book

Something is wrong with my brain.

****

I run around the forest, bouncing up and down trying to catch this very annoying yet beautiful butterfly.

Finally pouncing right on top of it, i lift my hand to see if its still there. To my amusement, the butterfly has yet to escape. I tend to keep it that way. Just when i lift my hand slightly i realise that it isn't a hand, in fact, its a paw. A wolf paw.

Jumping back, i make a loud yelp. Looking beind me i see a long fluffy body with a long fluffy tail.

I am a wolf.

I stumble back only to hear a loud growl from behind me.

"Who's there!" I hear my voice say, but not out loud, in my mind. I can't speak.

"T wake up!"

I growl, not knowing i could. "Who is there" is all i think.

"T, stop sleeping!"

I hear the growl again, but i can not focus enough to see who it is. I only see a large black wolf figure behind a tree.

"Wake the hell up!"

At the loud voice im snapped out of my uncomforting dream. Or might i say nightmare.

Iryse looks at me with a concerned expression. Then, everything from last night floods back into memory.

The sweating

The falling

The pill

Him.

"What happened?" I ask, sitting up. I instantly regret this action as my head starts to throb from the sudden movement. I automatically put my hand to my head, only to be met with a lot of sweat.

"You went into heat." She answers. She hands me my water and i nod, thankfully.

"I totally know what that is." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"After a wolf turns 16 they are supposed to be able to find their mate. If they do not finish the mating bond -which you did not do - then you go through heat. Its literally just extreme pain." She says casually.

Easy for her to say, she's a cat.

"Just. Extreme pain? Well woopty doo, as long as its just extreme pain right?" I say, giving a fake smile.

She just laughs, noticing her wording was a little off. Just a tad bit.

"He went through pain." I find myself saying. I look down, remembering last night.

She sighs. "Yes. Yes he was."

"I don't wish for him to be in pain. It pains me to see him in...pain." I literally just used 'pain' three times in one sentence. This is painful.

"I know." I look up to meet her eyes. She smiles sheepishly at me.

"Where is he?" I ask, after sipping some more water, that was now room temperature.

"He's in his room. Most likely sleeping. He's letting his beta take care of things for a few." Beta? I haven't met him yet.

"Who's his Beta?" I look at her urgently waiting for an answer.