They're both Here

"Please. This isn't supposed to be this hard. Im sorry." I pleade for forgivness, as i stare down at the teary eyed Brandon in front of me.

He just simply shakes his head. "I can't do this without you." He says, stumbling over his words. "It's so much harder to let you go, now that i know you. Its not just my wolf that wants you, but its I that needs you."

My mouth drops open slightly. Im not that special, he can find someone else, find his second mate. I can't do this anymore. Why was i chosen? What did I do to deserve this... honor?

I shake my head to drain out the cruel thoughts. "You can't be here. Brandon I don't know you, and honestly, i don't think i want to." His face is of pure disappointment, but I could tell he saw part of this coming.

His hands losen their grip on my legs, letting me turn and walk away. In a swift movement i open the back door of the diner and walk inside, making sure to grab my pen and pad. I'm not just going to give my second life up just because some guy can't live without me.

You can't really think, that u can live without him too, right? You need him.

I don't need anyone. i have me, myself, and I. There's a life here for me, a life that i deserve. I didn't deserve to be locked in a home where I didn't belong.

I'm currently standing in the doorway of the kitchen and the front desk. I gradually make my way to the cash register to complete the job that i traded, instead of risking the possibility of getting fired.

"There you are!!" The familiar chill voice destracts me from recalling the incicent that had accured.

"Sorry Derek. I didn't realize how long I took. Could you ever forgive me?" I smile, hoping it will give him just enough to let it go.

He stares intently at me for a moment before giving up and lets out a sigh. "You owe me." He says, giving me the money to put in the register, and I do so. My hand reaches for my pen and pad, picking it up as I start to walk towards the next table. "Wait Vi." His hand catches my shoulder, making me stop in my tracks and look back.

"Yeah Derek?" I ask, curiousity flooding through my brain. Did he know something? Did he see something?

"Uh, who was that guy you were with? Also, wouldyouliketogooutwithme?" My mouth drops open slightly. What did he say? Was it just me or did time just suddenly jump?

"Excuse me, what?"

"Would...you... liketogooutwithme?" He says once more.

My eyebrows curl together in frustration. "Still waiting for a sentence with full, real, words."

He sighs, running his hand through his golden locks. "Would you like to go out with me??"

Uh, wow. I didn't exactly see that coming. I mean, he could've asked me if I liked pie but no, he had to bring out the big guns. The big...scary..bad questio- I mean guns.

"Uhm, sorry but I just don't think I can date right now." My eyes start to trail down to my feet. "Its just that I recently got out of a...well a bad..friends-relationsh- its complicated." My mind wonders as my words follow behind it.

"Oh okay. I completely understand." I look up, to catch a friendly smile. Hes so sweet, why would I turn this guy down? Brandon was sweet too...Dang it what's wrong with my brain today!?

"I think I need to take today off. I can't focus at all today." I give him a small smile.

"Okay, ill cover and ill tell the big M." I laugh at his nickname for Mason. Sometimes I don't think he will ever stop glaring at Derek.

I pat his head. "Thanks, you're the best." But not good enough to date I guess.

"Yeah, well thats who I am." He winks, leaving a blush to run across my features.

I take the pen out of my shirt pocket and use it to log out, then set it on the desk.

After signing out I open the doors and take my leave. Turning to the right, I swear my whole body was in shock. Standing in front of me, the one and only, Alpha Jackson.

"Hey there, princess."

******
ITS SHORT FOR A REASON

Vote

Comment

Love

Xoxo