Catch me When I Fall

Standing still, I blink twice making sure he's really standing in front of me. Yup, hes there, and there's nothing I can do to stop him. Nothing i can do to stop him from walking towards me. I tried with all the muscle in my body to move but it wouldnt happen. I can't just stand here, but I cant run away.

  "Hey there princess." Jackson's green harsh eyes connect with my scared brown ones. "Miss me?"

Not one bit. I tried to speak aloud but those words never came. He took this as his chance to speak once again. "Ah, but you haven't missed your mate now did you? Hah. He thought I wouldn't find you and you could both live happily ever after." He puts his hand on his chin as if stroking an invisible beard. "Wrong." His face became serious.

  "Stop." I finally manage to respond. Not the best idea.

  "Well then, I guess she isnt mute." He states, arching an eyebrow. "Anything else to say?" He stands, waiting my second response.

  "Brandon might be a dick, but hes still a way better person than you'll ever be." My timid behavior has been replaced with fury.  His mouth opens slightly. I brush off my clothes, making my escape.

  As I pass him I make sure to hit his shoulder with mine. Just before I get too far his hand wraps around my arm, holding me back.

  "You cant be serious? He's a monster remember?" His eyes are filled with confusion.

  "I think i've heard enough of that word for a while. Hes changed, you should try it sometime." I say, pulling my arm out of his grasp.

  "You aren't safe. I will do whatever it takes to make him suffer. " His jaw clenches.

  I turn around and start walking away. "Sounds like his problem, not mine." I wave a hand as if saying goodbye, still not facing him and walking away.

  ***

After getting my keys out I struggle to unlock the door. Just before entering the key in the lock the door swings open.

  "OH MY GAWSH!" Iryse yells, "I thought you died!" She hugs me, and brings me inside.

  "Yeah, I thought I did for a minute." I laugh. "A lot went on."

  "You have to tell me everything! " She says, as if we are 16 year old girls gossiping about the hottest guys in the school.

  "Okay, u might wanna take a seat for this." I push her down onto the couch.

  ***

"Ok and then, he said he was a monster. For like you know, the 5th hundredth time." I laugh. "He even tri-"

  Before I could finish my sentence, or my rant, there's a knock at the door. Barley a knock...more like a scratching noise. Me and Iryse look at eachother, wondering who it could be. It can't be girl scouts, we live in an appartment. It shouldn't be people from church because thats just not our part of the neighborhood.

  I take it as Iryse isnt gonna get up so I get it instead. Slowly approaching the door, I let out a sigh. I open the door and to my surprise yet...not really, I see the one and only, Brandon.

  "What do you want?" I ask, with the urge to slap him for showing up at my door.

  "Forgiveness.." He looks down, making eye contact with the wood floor.

  I mean, I kinda feel bad for him. All he's ever tried to do was...well...everything. Everything for me, his people, everyone. I was supposed to help, we were supposed to be mates. Its all too complicated.

  "Lets talk outside." I say backing him uo into the hallway of the appartment building. I close the door behind us. "Look, I want to be with you and I want to love you but I don't know how to after what you have done."

  "How do I make you forgive me?" He asks, pain and guilt running though his eyes. I can't stand looking at him so sad.

  "I forgive you, but can't stay with you. I need you to be trustworthy I need you to be someone I can trust Brandon." This time its my turn to look at the ground with desperate eyes.

"I am, I promise I am."

  "See, now how can I trust you. How do I know that your promise is true?" I look up. Meeting his longing expression.

  "I guess you can't, but does anyone really know? I love you and regret my past. Thats all that should matter right?"

  "No. Because if I love you again if I start to fall for you ..."

  "Don't worry, ill catch you."

  "If only I could trust that." And with that I left him in my hallway, wondering what the he'll he did wrong this time.

  To be honest, I dont know either.

  'dont worry ill catch you'

   Oh hun, jf only that were true.

*_*_*_*_

VOTE

Hi

I'm so sorry I have not been updating. School stuff :/

  Enjoy the chapter and chapters soon to come.

Vote

Comment

Eat some pie

Pet a squirrel

Xoxo -Grape