Chapter 17

· Chase ·

It had been a few weeks since my chip was damaged from that mission. I haven't done my proper weekly training and I feel like I was getting weaker by the day. Thankfully, Mr Davenport finally managed to repair it to its original condition after what seemed like forever. To be honest, he would have done it faster with Douglas's help but since they were still not in good terms, he had to spend an extra week figuring out the chips internal skeleton.

"I just want to point out that I was the one who invented the bionic chip but it was him that changed it," Mr Davenport would argue.

That Sunday night, he called me down to the lab to tell me the news. You had no idea how ecstatic I was to hear that I could be bionic once again.

"It was torturing for me too," Adam added. "Without his bionics, he's weaker than he usually is. I haven't gotten a chance to beat him up in weeks because I was afraid I might kill him by accident."

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I walked over to my capsule, waiting for my chip to be implanted. Once I felt a slight pinch at the back of my neck, I got out of the capsule and tried to list the first 30 numbers of pi.

"3.1415926535897932..."

"Okay we get, you're smart again," Adam whined.

"Super smart," I added.

"But not super fast," Adam said before he jabbed me in the stomach.

I winced at the impact and glared at him.

"Cut it out, you two. You'll get plenty of wrestling time after this," Mr Davenport interrupted.

"Chase," he turned his attention towards me. "Since you haven't been training for the past few weeks, I want you to come straight home after school for the next few days for some reconditioning. Try to avoid using your Bionics in school because I'm worried that you might glitch."

I nodded as I understood where Mr Davenport was coming from.

"Glitch, you say?" Adam said slyly.

"Adam, you better not have any ideas," I warned.

"What ideas? I don't have any ideas?" He said suspiciously.

Adam being the prankster of the house, I was sure he was going to plan something diabolical on me. That is if he knew what diabolical actually means.

"This is serious, Adam," Mr Davenport said sternly. "We can't have anyone figuring out about your secret. If they were to see you glitch, it's going to take a miracle to try to cover up your tracks."

"Okay, fine. I won't pull any pranks," Adam sulked.

"Good."

"I wonder what would happen if Bree were to find out that you're bionic," Adam wondered, his eyes lighting up at the thought.

"She's not going to find out," I said confidently. "I'll have my Bionics under control."

"Yeah, but what if she did, though?" thought Leo. "I mean, you guys had to use your Bionics to save Perry once. Who's to say you might have to expose your secret to her too?"

"You see," I groaned. "This is why I don't talk to people in school. The more people you meet, the higher the chances of them finding out about us."

"Relax, Chase. Even though you make a point, I don't want you to go to that extreme of cutting yourself out from everyone at school. Having social skills is really important for your well-being, especially at your age," Mr Davenport explained.