Chapter 6

" I don't know about this Caitlyn," I said worriedly.

I stared at the white door to the house filled with tonnes of people.

"What are you so worried about? This is the hundredth time you've been to a party," Caitlyn questioned.

"Yeah, but this is the first one I'm going with a date!"

"Date, shmate! You'll be fine! Tell you what, you can take your time. We'll go in when you're ready."

"Thanks, Caitlyn, I really appreciate the-"

"Time's up!" Caitlyn interrupted. Her hand gripped tightly around my upper arm, she pulled me into the oh-so-intimidating mansion.

Are all of Noah's friends rich??

"Hey, guys! Bree and Caitlyn are here!" Someone in the crowd announced.

Everyone in the living room turned and cheered at our presence. We smiled and waved to our familiar friends and made our way further inside.

"Bree!" Winston called out. "You're probably looking for Noah, so I'm just going to do you a favour and let you know he's the game room with the rest of his lads!"

"Thanks, Winston!" I said awkwardly. With my palms sweating and my throat itching, I was pretty sure I was nervous.

"Should I go in and look for him?" I asked Caitlyn. She was no way near from being nervous. 10 minutes into the party and she was already mingling with a couple of people.

She pulled herself away from the clique and got her attention on me.

"I think you should get him to look for you. It's much cuter if the guy frantically makes his way through the crowd in search for his gal!" Caitlyn said dramatically.

"I guess that's true," I laughed. "Okay, I'll just hang around here and wait for him to look for me."

Caitlyn nodded and made her way back to her clique. I myself made my around the room and did some mingling of my own.

The party was going pretty well, but Noah was yet to be seen. I was starting have second thoughts on whether Noah had actually liked me.

A couple of guys had already approached me and offered to dance, but I was so focused on Noah I rejected every single one of them.

Why was I making myself wait for this guy anyway? It's not as of I'm his girlfriend or anything!

Frustrated, I decided to push Noah out of my mind and actually have fun like I always do. Another guy came and started to flirt with me and I went along with it and flirted back.

Now, this is the Bree I know, I thought to myself.

Pretty soon, I was enjoying myself. I spent the time chatting with a few guys from my class, and I got to know them so much better. Parties do come with benefits. Well, social benefits the least.

"Excuse me, gentlemen, while I go powder my nose," I said formally.

"Lady Bree, you need not speak with such grace when you're with us," they teased.

I laughed at the childish yet dashing boys in front of me. "I'll be right back."

The house so big, I had to ask a couple of people as to where the bathroom was. It took me a while, but eventually, I managed to find the corridor which leads to one of them (yeah, there was more than one bathroom... Per level).

What I saw right next to the mouth of the corridor was horrendous. At the moment, I couldn't tell of horrendous was an exaggeration.

"I found Noah," I muttered to myself.

And he was kissing another girl.

And that girl's name is Victoria Devon.

But at the time her name was not important.

The fact that he was kissing her was.

Tears began to well up in my eyes at the sight. I quickly wiped them away and mustered up the confidence to walk away, showing no emotions whatsoever.

I briskly made my way out of the house and into the garden. I sat on one of the benches and finally allowed the tears to flow out.

All this time, I thought he had a crush on me. Turns out, it was all just a lie.

"I told you Friday night parties aren't a good idea," a familiar voice spoke.

The figure moved closer towards me and he was recognised as soon as he stood into the moonlight.

"Way to cheer me up, Chase," I said sarcastically, wiping the tears off my face.

"Sorry, I'm not good with this confrontation thing," Chase admitted.

I let out a small laugh before scooting over and offering him a seat next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying not to sound rude. However, my voice that was hoarse and choked up from crying made it hard.

"Adam's here."

I simply nodded.

"So, what happened?" Chase asked.

I hesitated a while before answering. After all, he was the one who warned me about Noah in the first place. Then again, I really needed to talk to somebody.

"Noah happened," I mumbled, my eyes fixated at my knees.

"Oh."

I was surprised at his calm reaction.

"That's it? No 'I told you so's? Weren't you the one who told me he was the bad company?"

"Actually, I was hoping I was wrong," he admitted.

I continued to stare at him in confusion.

"Why would you say that?" I asked.

"Well, you seem to like Noah a lot. I was hoping I was wrong and that Noah was a nice guy so he won't hurt your feelings."

"Unfortunately that didn't happen. Ugh, why do I keep falling for the wrong guy?" I groaned in frustration.

"Hey, Noah just doesn't know what he's missing. I know he isn't good enough for a girl like you. You deserve better."

"Really?"

Chase started clearing his throat and laughed awkwardly before he said, "Well yeah, but what does it mean coming from me, right? I'm just your acquaintance after all."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I guess I'm starting to get the hang with this confronting stuff," he joked again.

"Thanks, Chase."

"Anytime."

It was really nice of Chase to talk to me despite the fact that we weren't very close, to begin with. Perhaps we could be friends sometime in the future.

"So," Chase said, breaking the silence.

"So?"

"Do you need a ride home? It's the least I could do."

"Yeah."