Starbucks

//"My names Chloe"\\

I pulled my light brown hair into a bun as I began to pack my 3rd bag.
California is going to be the next thing for me so I can't mess it up.

"Are you about ready". Jenna said walking into my room

"Uh yea, My mom has my stuff I'm only bringing this ". I said pointing to the oversized black suitcase

"We have 30 minutes then we have to leave". She said taking my bags downstairs.

I worked on my closet just taking things off the rack and putting them in the case.

I looked at my now empty room remembering all the good and bad memories. But later moving into another room.

"Alright my mom is already in California, she said that the house is to big for 2 people". I said laughing.

"Furniture is set up?"  Jenna asked

"Yup,and our rooms we picked out". I said.

"I'm glad we're doing this together". She said laughing.

~~

After a long nap and a 5 hour flight we arrived in sunny California.

"My mom should be here". I said walking into the mess of people in the airport

"When do you start your job" Jenna said

"Tomorrow". I said sighing

"Really?"  She said as we walked towards the exit.

"They wanted me to start as soon as possible". I said

"Who is it?"  She asked

"A band called waterparks". I said looking at my phone.

"Oh I have one of there songs". Jenna said

~~

"You have the key?"  Jenna asked me.

"Yup". I said putting the key in the key hole

I twisted the door noob to see  our new home. I always had this dream of moving in with my best friend for the longest time. We're going to go to Ohio but I liked the feeling of California better.

"This is awesome, seeing it in person makes me so happy".  Jenna said walking upstairs.

My white painted room strung with white Christmas lights traveling from my walls to other walls in my room my new dresser with a gigantic mirror attached to it. My clothes in my dresser thanks to my mom, my nicer clothes hung up on my small walk in closet. I looked at my rounded shaped bed as I flopped my self on the bed. Plugged my phone in and closed my eyes for a few minutes.

~~

"Are you going to wake up anytime soon?"  Jenna said shaking my shoulder.

"What time is it?"  I said stretching.

"It's 10:36 Am".

"OH SHIT,HOW LONG DID I SLEEP FOR". I said falling out of my bed.

"To long, lets go I have to take you to work your boss called and she said she wants you to get to know them."  Jenna said.

"Ok can you make me food". I said looking at shirts I have.

"We'll swing by Starbucks I saw one on the way here". She said closing the door.

I took out my black mesh tee and a pair of black ripped jeans. I brushed my hair and put a white baseball cap on top. I looked at my shoe selection and decided that I would wear my high top black converse.

"Think this is to much?" I asked Jenna.

"It's a lot of skin but it's nice,lets go". She said grabbing the car keys.

"Hold on,I have to pack a bag damn it". I said laughing.

"I already got it, three portable charger black pens a small note pad and your wallet is in the car." She said walking out the door.

We got into the car and drove off in to town. About 10 minutes later I spotted the first Starbucks.

"Do you want anything?" I said taking my gift card out.

"Get me a cake pop". She said

I walked into the packed cafe and scooted my way to the line.

I waited in line scrolling through my phone playing unfinished games on I messages with friends.

"Hi can I get 2 hot chocolate's with whipped cream and a hot caramel". A man in another line said.
I scanned him up and down seeing no tattoos due to his long sleeve shirt but he had big arms and his hair was parted to one side. the man in front of me left and I stepped up to take my order.

"Hi can I have a passion tea lemonade and sugar Venit, and 2 cake pops please." I said.

"That will be $5.09". The woman said.

I gave her my gift card as she scan my card.

"You only have $3.67 on here darling". She said handing my card back.

"Here I got you" the man said putting his hot Carmel down. And swiping his card.

"Oh thank you". I said with a smile

"No problem,are you going anywhere right now". He said

"Yea,sorry I have a secluded I need to run on." I said.

"Oh damn, well the names Geoff it's like Jeff...but with a G ,hopefully I'll see you around". He said smiling.

The woman gave me my tea and cake pops as I went after the man.

"Hey Geoff". I said.

He quickly turned around and looked at me.

"I'm Chloe by the way,I just moved here with my best friend". I said taking a drink from my straw.

"Well Chloe welcome to town I'll probably be around a lot this is my home town about 25 minutes that way." He said laughing.

"I'm from New York". I said

"I can tell". He said

"You can?"

"Just by the way you talk,walk...look". He said winking at me.

I turned my hand to my Apple Watch to see the time.

"Well I have a 10 minute drive pulse traffic so Wanna meet up here tomorrow 12:00?" I said taking another sip of my drink

"Hell yea". He said pulling me into a hug.

"Alright,I'll pay tomorrow". I said laughing.

"You you want". He said pulling away from the hug.

"GEOFF HURRY UP MAN". Another man in a blue shirt said holding a Apple in his hand.

"That's my friend I'll See you tomorrow then". He said as we walked away from each other.

I got in the car and handed her cake pops to her.

"Someone payed for me". I said laughing.

"I know,Wigington" she said.

"Excuse me?"

"I saw you hitting it with Wigington". She said taking a sip of my drink.

"His name is Geoff". I said as she started to drive off.

"You're going to have a fun day at work aren't you". She said smiling.