Chapter 2: Standing Up

Natalia's P.O.V

"Nat wake the fuck up!" Someone yelled in my ear.

"Ow! What do you want?" I pried open my eyes and glared at Nate.

"Why the fuck is Hayden still here?" I look down on my lap and saw Hayden lying down while Nicholas was not there anymore.

I smiled at Hayden, he looked so cute and so peaceful.

"Don't shout so loud, he'll wake up." I hissed at Nate.

"I don't give a fuck. Get him out of here now." Nate whisper-yelled at me.

I rolled my eyes and look at my phone.

It was 6 in the morning and Nicholas was getting ready for school.

"Hayden..." I whispered to him as I tapped his head.

"Let me sleep..." He grumbled then snuggled his face against my flat tummy.

"Hayden... Wake up..." I shook him slightly and he pried open one eye.

Then both his eyes shot open.

"Shit. I'm sorry Nat." He cursed under his breath and got up immediately.

"It's alright." I smiled at him.

"I think I should go home now. I'll just change and come back here again. Anyway, you're house is so close." I nodded and he went out of my house.

I got up and stretched because of the uncomfortable position I've been in for the past few hours.

I ran upstairs to get a quick bath then got ready for school.

I wore my pair of white ripped jeans with a black hoodie sweater.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and saw Nate grumbling and Nicole with a frown on her face.

'Everyone's in a great mood.' I thought sacarstically.

I picked up the note left by mom on the table.

Dear kids,

We're out already and we'll be back home late tonight. Don't wait up and remember to fetch Nicholas from school.

I crushed the note up and threw it in the dustbin.

"I'll fetch Nicholas today." I announced and the both of them nodded.

It was about 7 now and then there was a knock on the door.

I walked over to the door and yanked it open only to reveal Hayden waiting for me with a smile. I mirrored his smile and let him in.

"Give me a second." I ran to the kitchen and grabbed my stuff then I came back out.

"Ready?" Hayden asked and I nodded.

School didn't start until 8 so I'm assuming he is just gonna bring me for breakfast at the usual café.

We got into the car and he drove off.

"So... Are you okay?" Hayden asked while paying attention to the road.

"Yeah. Why shouldn't I be?" I answered back in confusion.

"Because you were really mad yesterday in school when you heard that Aiden was coming back so I thought you know..." He cautiously wondered.

Fuck. I forgot that devil is coming back to school today. I sighed.

"I'm fine. I can't do anything about it so yeah... I'm fine I guess." I looked out of the window.

"Okay... If anything happens, you have to tell me alright?"