Chapter 18 [NEW AGAIN]

Aiden's P.O.V

"She was murdered on the 22nd. They found her body hacked to pieces and scattered around the neighbourhood." Mike told me as he handed me a bunch of notes.

They look like they're from Lacey.

'Someone has been following me.'

'They're here.'

'Please send help'

These were scrambled all over the paper with harsh lines and it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

"What do you want me to do?" Mike asked as I handed him the notes back.

"Ask around. See what everyone knows." He nodded and immediately went to work.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you Lacey. I promise I'll find out who did this to you." I laid the flowers down by her headstone and closed my eyes.

After we broke up, I've always treated her like a sister. I don't get why anyone would do this to her.

She was the sweetest girl I've ever met besides Natalia and yet here we are.

Standing infront of her grave with evidence that seem to lead with her having enemies.

That doesn't make any sense.

Plus the police aren't helping.

I have to take things into my own hands now.

I have no other choice.

"Aiden."

"Natalia?" I turned around and she was just standing there like she didn't just fly over here to see me.

"What are you doing here?" I walked towards her and she looked down.

"Well... To be very honest? I'm here just to make Hayden jealous but right now, I may think I actually like you."

What the actual fuck?

"Nat. Don't say something you don't mean. Also I kinda don't appreciate you using me like that." I chuckled humourlessly.

"I'm sorry Aiden. I don't know what to say. I mean, I'm here aren't I? This sounds horrible but I thought that you didn't like me so I thought I'll just use Hayden as a rebound but right now as I'm saying all these to you, I realised I'm such a horrible person for doing that." She mumbled and she started tearing up.

"I'm so sorry Aiden. I want to be with you but I can't and I'm making it even harder for you too. I just can't fall in love with you because of our past. I'm just scared you'll actually kill me one day." She quietly whispered the last part.

"Natalia. My god." I grabbed her and pulled her close to my chest.

"I'm so sorry Aiden." That's when she bursted into tears.

"Shhh..." I ran my fingers through her hair as I whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

After she calmed down a little I pulled out of the hug and looked at her sincerely.

"I will never ever hurt you again and I like you a lot Nat. But don't ever play heart games with anyone because it'll end up with you leaving everyone heartbroken." I sighed and played with the ends of her hair.

I was extremely happy to hear that she actually didn't like Hayden but come on, no matter how much I hated someone I would never wish for them to be hurt in that way.

Okay not true, I mean I do wish some people are dead but I'll never wish someone to go through a heartbreak.

Even though it makes me really happy that Hayden will be hurt, it's just not right you know?

"I still have things to settle here so you go back home and settle whatever unresolved feelings you have about him before you come back to me alright? Start things anew Nat." She sighed and nodded.

"You're right. I'll talk to him. Thank you Aiden. You know for not casting me out of your life yet." She smiled a small sad yet grateful smile and I nodded.

"What can I say? You're my favourite girl in the world."

...

It's currently 4 in the morning.

Mike just came in and told me that he couldn't find any new leads to Lacey's death.

I just need to know if it's my uncle or not.

Before I could think of a plan to figure out what my next steps are, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in."

"Aiden." Javier came in with an anxious look on his face.

"What's going on?"

Please no more bad news.

"The knights just declared war on us."

"Son of a bitch. What did they do?" He shook his head.

"They just attacked our South branch. We lost 1.2 million."

Fuck fuck fuck.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE REST OF THEM DOING?" I slammed my fist so hard into the table splinters came out of it.

"The knights attacked so fast that they were just in and out. The rest arrived just a little later but they already cleared out."

"Go gather some of them and help the south branch. I'll be there a little later." He nodded and exited the room.

Damn it.

I sat down in my chair feeling like absolute shit and dialed Natalia.

"Hello?" I closed my eyes savouring her voice.

"Hey. Something came up. I can't be back that soon. Just wait for me alright?" I sighed but after awhile she mumbled a "okay" and ended the call.

...

Natalia's P.O.V

I hung up feeling really confused with Aiden's phone call just because I thought he'll be kind of excited to come back and we can be together.

I guess I'm just fantasising about us being together.

But this definitely isn't going to change my mind about Hayden.

I can't lead him on any longer and plus I think I just hurt Ashley's feelings.

What I did was such a bitch move and I didn't even check up on her.

What kind of best friend am I?

I sighed as I eased into the plane's seat with a bunch of pills settling down.

"Water Miss?" I shook my head and rejected politely as the air stewardess asked me.

I don't even give a fuck about my anxiety on the plane anymore I mean the pills are definitely helping but I mean I'm more scared of facing Hayden at this point.

Deep down I knew all these years that he liked me but I just chose to ignore it you know.

Now I just made the situation even worst.

How could I be such a mess?

How could I affect him with all my messiness?

Fuck. I'm such an idiot.

I shut my eyes and let the medicine work it's magic as I drifted off into a land where I didn't have any responsibilities which I kind of hoped that I could be there forever.

And that was the scary part.

Author's Note:

I'M SO SORRY GUYS!! I have no idea how many times I want to rewrite these chapters but I honestly just want everything to flow better and I just realised that I wrote the same things from this chapter originally and in my newest chapter so I'm like wtf ugh!! Anyways hope you guys will take your time to reread and enjoy it!!