Chapter 29

Aiden's P.O.V

It's been about 2 hours since one of our in-house doctor has been inspecting him and we're all outside pacing about waiting for the diagnosis.

Natalia's in my arms shaking uncontrollably as she silently sobs.

At this point, I'm staying strong for the both of us but I can tell she doesn't want to burden me further with her emotions.

"Aiden. I got news on who shot Xander." I unwrapped my arms from Natalia and stood up.

"Is he here?" Javier nodded.

I can't wait to beat the fuck out of this guy.

I turned back to Natalia and she looked at me with eyes filled with worry.

"They found him. I need to handle this." I tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I'll be okay Nat. Stay here and look after Nickle and yourself alright?" She nodded silently and gave me a tight hug.

"Please be careful." She whispered slightly.

"I will. Don't worry about me please." I gave her a quick peck on her forehead and squeezed her elbow slightly as a sign of assurance.

I let go of her and turned to Javier.

"Let's go." I motioned him to come along and he called 2 other guards with him.

This is going to be fun.

Natalia's P.O.V

I don't get who would do this to him.

Xander was one of those people that would look after everyone else before himself.

I can't believe he got shot.

The worst thing about all of this is that he probably got shot because of me.

Ashley quietly sat down beside me and leaned on my shoulder for comfort.

"Fuck. What's taking so long?" She mumbled.

"I have no idea..." I shook my head and sighed.

"Ash. What happened downstairs? Did you see anything?" She looked down at her hands and started fidgeting.

"I'm sorry Nat... I was just eating and I heard some commotion in the backyard... So I got up and went there but I didn't see anyone. He was just laying on the floor unconscious with blood all around him." She rambled.

Before I could comfort her, the door opened and I immediately turned around.

"How is he?" I stood up and practically ran to the doctor.

"He will be okay. The bullet missed his heart by a little thankfully so we were able to rescue him at the last second." Relief flooding through me and I almost passed out from the anxiety I got before that.

"Can we see him?" The doctor shook his head.

"Give him an hour or so for him to rest. You can visit him after that." I nodded, smiling through my tears.

He's okay.

Now I just hope Aiden is.

...

I gently pushed the door open and it revealed a Xander connected with a bunch of wires like he was a puppet.

Like he was just a pawn in a sick man's game.

They did this as a warning and I hope Aiden makes this person pay for what they have done.

I stood there for a good minute or so before going into the room.

I guess no matter who it is lying in that bed, the emotions are still going to get to you. Its just stronger since you know the person which I hope nobody would ever need to go through this.

"Always make things right. Because that's the one thing I regretted when I was still healthy."

Please don't do this right now.

I tried to block it out as much as I can but all I see was my grandmother lying in the hospital bed gasping for life.

I can't fucking breathe.

"Nat?"

I shut my eyes trying to get a hold of myself but I can't do it.

I keep seeing her suffering.

"Natalia." Ashley shook me but I can't focus.

I need some fresh air.

I shoved her aside and made my way out of the room and out to the backyard.

I breathed heavily, gasping for air that I very much need.

Why can't I control my own goddamn brain for a second?

Xander needs all the support he can get but here I am having anxiety from memories.

I've let him down just like how I let everyone else down.

"Did you miss me Nat?" A low and familiar voice came from behind me.

I immediately turned around and was met with a dark figure, looming in the darkness.

I steadied my breathing to calm myself down and immediately try to place him in one of my memories as I try to identify his figure.

"Oh look at how you've been. Thriving without me." He slowly walked towards me, his face getting illuminated by the moonlight bit by bit.

I stayed quiet so as to not give him the satisfaction of knowing I'm scared of him.

Then he stops walking towards me, the moonlight casting down on half his body.

"I'll see you again soon." His warm hand gently placing a little knight chess piece in my hand.

He stared at me for a moment before immediately turning around and darting into the darkness once again.

"What the actual fuck." I'm horrified.

Who was that and why on earth would he give me this?

I ran back indoors and looked at one of the guards and he probably saw the alarmed look in my eyes.

"Miss? What happened?"

"T-There was t-this guy in the b-backyard..." I stuttered and handed him the chess piece.

His eyes went wide and shoved me into Xander's hospital room.

Ashley turned around and looked at me, startled.

"Nat? Are you okay?" She stood up and walked to me, concerned.

What the actual fuck is happening.

Before I could answer her, my phone started ringing.

Addie

Fuck, he's going to lose his shit over this and for good reason.

I picked up and I heard heavy breathing over the phone.

"Natalia." Aiden's low voice filled with rage and anger.

"A-Aiden?"

"I'll be back soon. Please hang in there. I'm almost done killing this motherfucker."

Author's Note:

Hello hello guys :)))) We're coming close the the end :( I hope all of you are still doing fine and like how the story is going to advance hehe Thank you so much for all of your support ❤️ Remember to vote and comment!! I love to hear from all of you what you thought! See you in my next chapter and please be there because damn A LOT of things are going to happen :')