Chapter 4: Pink Glittery Book

Natalia's P.O.V

I pried open my eyes and got really annoyed by my phone ringing.

I turned to the side and saw my bed side table with my phone sitting on it.

Wait. I'm in my room in Japan already.

Wow. Who carried me?

I picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I said tiredly.

"Natalia." His smooth raspy voice answered.

"Aiden?" I asked surprised.

"Did you reach safely?"

"Why did you call me?" I asked annoyed.

"Calm down Princess. Are you safe?" He asked again.

"I'm fine." I said through gritted teeth, feeling kinda annoyed because I felt butterflies when he called me Princess.

"No you're not. So, what's got you all messed up?" He asked.

"Nothing! I'm fine!" I whisper-yell into the phone, hoping no one heard me.

"Yeah right."

"Look, I have no idea why the hell you're calling me because the last time I checked, I was a whore to you and we weren't on a friendly basis. Which also means you have no right to ask about my well-being and even if I wasn't fine, what are you going to do about it? Fly to Japan just to see if I was 'okay'?" I said it all in one breath and got silence on the receiver.

"I'm coming over." He said simply and hung up.

"Hello?! Oh my gosh." I called him again but it got directed to voicemail.

"Nat? Is everything okay?" Nicole knocked on my door.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answered.

"Right... Anyway, lunch is ready come downstairs to eat."

"Lunch?" I asked.

"Yeah it's almost 4. We let you sleep in because we all know you'll have terrible jet lag." Nicole said as I heard her footsteps getting further away.

I dragged myself out of bed and thought about what Aiden said.

"I'm coming over." That can't be true right? Yeah. It isn't.

I nodded my head to reassure myself.

...

"So, I heard our neighbour in LA came back huh?" Mom asked with a smile on her face.

I knew where this was going even without her saying it. Mom has always shipped Aiden and I saying that his bullying was beyond adorable and he did that just to show me he liked me.

I still gave her the same expression as I gave her years ago when she said that. The 'are you sure you're my mom' expression.

"Don't think about it mom." I gave her the best glare I could muster early in the evening.

"Aw come on now honey, you told me you liked Aiden too." She pouted and smiled at me innocently.

"What? I... I... But I was like 5!" Yeah, I did confessed I liked him to mom but so did every kid in Kindergarten. Come on, he was the most charming and cute kid when he was young. He is also extremely hot when he is older. Shut up brain.

"Whatever you say dear." Mom innocently went back to eating her lunch like nothing happened.

I scowled at her and continue eating my food as I heard Nicole snicker beside me and Nate chuckling beside me.