Chapter 12: Nana

Ashley's P.O.V

Is Hayden that oblivious? I thought I was being super obvious already but no, he still doesn't get it.

"Ash."

I turned around and saw the stupid boy I've been chasing for the past 3 years.

"Hayden." I smiled.

How does he still make me smile when he's so stupid.

"I believe you got some news on the secret girl to tell me." He raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

This is it.

"The girl that likes you... Well, she's been with you for 3 years already but you've always been pinning over Nat so you don't notice her. She always helps you with homework and when you're stressed, she's always there to make it a tad bit better even though it doesn't really help sometimes." I wanted to continue on but his face slowly lit up with recognition of this special girl.

"Wait is that girl-" I cut him off.

"That girl is me." I looked down at my shoes because I didn't want to see his reaction.

I knew that he only treated me like a sister but I've never seen it that way.

I knew it felt weird to him because I'm well... I'm me. I know he doesn't like me but what is the smallest possible chance that he likes me but doesn't know it himself?

He kept quiet for quite awhile now and I'm starting to get nervous.

Oh god. Why did I tell him?

I looked up at him and he seems to be thinking about something.

"Hayden? Please say something... I rather you reject me than not say anything..." That's how desperate I was for him to speak. I just needed to hear something. Anything.

"Ash... I-"

"Yeah okay I understand. I'll give you some space." I said sadly.

"I just thought that... Never mind." I smiled at him.

"I'll see you around Hayden."

I was used to this treatment from him but why does this hurt like a bitch?

Natalia's P.O.V

I walked out of school and saw Hayden looking like he was about to cry so I went up to him.

"Hayden? What's wrong?" I gently touched his arm and he looked at me.

"Every thing. I-I blew off Ash... She confessed to me and I just-" He said worriedly.

"Hayden! Why did you do that to her?! She liked you for 3 years! How could you just blow her off like that!" I was angry at Hayden for treating Ashley like that.

She was like my sister to me. I couldn't bare to see her get hurt.

"How was I suppose to handle the situation Natalia?! She liked me and I couldn't like her back!"

"Why not?!" I shouted back at him.

"Because! I like-" He cut himself off and just ran his hand through his hair frustratedly.

"Who? Who do you like Hayden?"

"No one." He growled and walked off.

"What the fuck?" I stared at his retreating figure confusedly.

...

"And after that, I came to you." I smiled to myself feeling happy that at least he was here listening to me.