5/story one/

"You ready for me, sir?"

I turn towards the sounds of Dan's voice, my face visibly blushing at the way he said those words. He did that to me a lot and I had no idea why.

"Ready for you to do what?"

"Well, the grand entrance. But, I'm doing it when second hour starts."

"That's in five minutes."

"Yep, so be ready. And stand behind the desk. Jerry will probably hit you with the Tuba otherwise. And if that doesn't happen, Pom pom to the balls. It's happened to Caspar before. You're a little too close to the whole parade."

I step back and he giggles, "You're so cute when you're nervous!"

"Thanks."

He then grins and wiggle his eyebrows. "And guesssss what I'm going to do today?"

"What?"

"Oh, it'll be absolutely beautiful. Just wait."

"Dan! Come on dude, the band needs directing!" Joe suddenly whisper shouts to Dan at the door.

"Oops, got to go!" Dan said, jogging out of the door and following Joe down the hall.

I sigh as students start to sit down in their chairs and eventually Mrs. Jackson comes back from her bathroom break just before the bell rings. She smiles at me. "You know, having you here means I can leave for the bathroom whenever I want. All the other teachers are jealous of me cause I got you."

I laugh. "That's nice to know. But why?"

"Oh, a student teacher is a blessing, honey. That means I have a sub when I need him, a personal paper slave, a monitor, and a detention ward all to myself." Mrs. Jackson laughs hysterically. "Thank the LAWD for you!"

Oh wow, okay.

She sits down as the lesson begins and smiles, "Good morning class, today I need you-"

Suddenly a cheerleader flips into the classroom, stopping Mrs. Jackson dead in her tracks. "L-E-S-T-E-R!" Another one twirls in closely to me with flowers, and she smiles. "Sweeter than a chocolate bar!" She holds them out for me and whispers, "For you!"

"Thank you?" I tilt my head and take the beautiful flowers, wondering who they're from. But then I remember who's grand entrance this is, and I my eyes widen as suddenly the cheerleaders start cheering again.

"In he comes, there's no handsomer man!
In comes Dan with a big brass band!"

And as promised, a small part of the brass band starts barreling through, making room in the entrance and playing loudly. And then I hear loud shouting as the jocks zoom through, carrying Dan on their shoulders. He's smiling at everyone and everyone is laughing, apparently loving the show.

The cheerleaders start up again.

"Here is Dan, most awesome in the world.
But he has his eye on a certain girl!"

A jock leaves the group and goes to Cara, putting a lei (flower necklace) over her with a smile, and more flowers on her desk. She blushes and laughs as Dan is let down and makes his way towards her.

"Dan has a question, cool as he!
Cara-"

"Will you go on a date with me?" Dan asks, and I have never seen a girl so flustered yet having so much fun at the same time.